A pretty good fish , butt ornery.

Started by gstours, March 24, 2022, 03:57:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

Here,s a clip of my friend Brian who passed away recently as noted in the previous post. Brian and myself were in a drizzle morning,  sipping coffee and wiling away the time telling storys when this pretty good sized halibut swallowed my bait.  Earlier Brian said he did not want to fish, butt would ride along just for fun.
We were anchored pretty close to where a couple of years earlier the previous posted clip was filmed.
 Well fun we had as shown.  Later I gave him enough processed fish for the year.

This clip ends about 7:40 in the u-tube minuite scale and i was too lazy to fix it,  so please enjoy. :-\

Wompus Cat

I still am AMAZED at the way you just reach behind you and have EVERYTHING you would EVER NEED to GRAB THOSE MONSTERS with the Ease of a TRUE MASTER.
My Arms are tired from watching .
Thanks again for another Fishing Trip .
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

gstours

Thanks for the kind words, butt like a lot of other things, you either figure it out or you don't. :al   As most of my videos are jerky and chaotic the editing can shorten the clip and make it look easy.....   sometimes when the camera has a dead battery or A mode button is pushed accidentally all recording is lost 😡 then no amount of foul language seems to be effective.... :fish
  Also the video can be kinda a teaching aid.   Hindsight is generally keen. 🤔
Thanks for watching.

Donnyboat

Once again Gary, good work, a master in action, I liked the way the rod was bending, & twisting side ways @ the same time, really flexible,thanks for taking us along, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Dominick

In looking at Gary's boat, the Maiko, from afar it looks cluttered.  I fished with Gary on the Maiko 6 times and it is amazing how Gary has organized the boat.  He has 2 or 3 or more of everything one might need to wrestle those big butts and secure them to the boat.  It does not matter what side of the boat you are on the item you might need is within reach.  The man is a wonder at preparation.  He is also one fine man.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.