Nep-Tuna cradles with Penn 49s and 349s

Started by 54bullseye, March 27, 2022, 11:58:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

54bullseye

I bought a new Nep-Tuna the other day with a Penn 349 in it. It has a couple of neat features that not a lot of Nep-Tuna's have. First butt detaches like tip. Second it's gimbal is the older style with the single slot in it. Only one I have seen like that. and last it has been made into a quick take apart reel !! I have another like it pictured and the screw holes are empty other than the two knurled machine screws that hold it on.
the new one I bought was the same way but I cut down some screws and epoxied them into holes as fillers !! I think it looks better and will do that to the other. I have a few more pictures to post but looks like I will have to add them later;
I like how each of these cradles are a bit different !!! two of them are 49s the other 5 are 349s.  Thanks for looking !!! Always looking for any new info on Nep-Tuna Co. Los angeles Calif. or other cradles anyone is willing to sell. !!   Thanks  John Taylor

IMG-5840.jpgIMG-5841.jpgIMG-5844.jpgIMG-5849.jpgIMG-5850.jpgIMG-5869.jpg     

54bullseye

Looks like I added double pictures again ??? The second group you can blow up !! Here are the 49s and a few more of the group. 
Thanks John Taylor

IMG-5851.jpgIMG-5859.jpgIMG-5861.jpgIMG-5863.jpgIMG-5864.jpgIMG-5867.jpg     

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

1badf350

They look great John. What a nice collection you have! Can you show us some Neptuna rod harnesses?
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

Wompus Cat

If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

oldmanjoe

Very nice looking cradles .    Do the bottom holes line up that maybe some stainless steel knurled screws can be used and than blank out the two top ones ?      5-40 thread or 6 -32 ?

OH and i  :d
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

Swami805

Wow that's some collection you put together. Thanks for posting those. And all the other classics I wasn't aware even existed   
Do what you can with that you have where you are

milne

Beautiful John,
 Thankyou for sharing.

Col

54bullseye

Quote from: oldmanjoe on March 28, 2022, 01:01:18 AMVery nice looking cradles .    Do the bottom holes line up that maybe some stainless steel knurled screws can be used and than blank out the two top ones ?      5-40 thread or 6 -32 ?

OH and i  :d
Joe I should have added that the inner ring on the head plate or quick take apart side is screwed to the cradle much like Newell reels are !! So all empty holes are very shallow. The two cross bars are attached to inner ring with flush flat head screws.  I just snipped off some screws with a pair of dykes and then put some masking tape over inside of holes. Then 5 minuet epoxy and cleaned all up before it was set up all the way.  John Taylor

oldmanjoe

Ah yes i forgot about the inner ring .  Makes sense now .
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

54bullseye

Quote from: oldmanjoe on March 28, 2022, 01:35:26 PMAh yes i forgot about the inner ring .  Makes seance now .
Here it is Joe !!   JT
IMG-5873.jpg