Frames for 113, 114

Started by BrianN, August 09, 2020, 06:12:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrianN

Hi,

I'm working on restoring a 113 and a 114 (non-H, black side plate versions).  What frames are available for these two models?

Thanks, Brian

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Brian, I can get you brand new Tiburon topless frames with rod clamp kits for both you're 113 ($83) and 114 ($94) in red, silver or black.  I also have a nice used black topless Tiburon frame with rod clamp kit for your 113 for $60.  Shipping by USPS first class with tracking would be $5.70 for any of the above. 

Please send me a PM if you are interested.

Thank you,

Randy

txgent467

Quote from: Vintage Offshore Tackle on August 09, 2020, 06:19:45 PMBrian, I can get you brand new Tiburon topless frames with rod clamp kits for both you're 113 ($83) and 114 ($94) in red, silver or black.  I also have a nice used black topless Tiburon frame with rod clamp kit for your 113 for $60.  Shipping by USPS first class with tracking would be $5.70 for any of the above. 

Please send me a PM if you are interested.

Thank you,

Randy
Hello. A little while back I had signed up to the A T board and I may be a little late on seeing your post. I recently bought three Penn reel's off of Ebay in there boxes for what I thought was a great price in excellent shape with the intent of beefing them up. The first is a Penn 113 with the black plates showing a sailfish. I think this is the oldest one. So your saying they "do" have a aftermarket frame for those? From what Iv'e researched though they do not make a double dog bridge setup for those. All these different Penn model's have me confused since I don't know the actual year model they are. And I'm hoping I didn't buy something I couldn't upgrade. I also bought a Penn 113HL Special Senator2 with the red side plates and it has a Accurate full frame on it. The 113HL I think I can upgrade fully. Last reel is a Penn 114HLW with the full factory frame. But I'm not seeing an upgrade on the dog setup on Mystic Parts to a double dog so I think I screwed myself with that one?

PacRat

I recommend you do a search for "Grouper Special" (for the black) and "Tank" (for the maroon) and you will find plenty of information about double-dogging these reels. There are many ways to skin a cat.

-Mike

Wompus Cat

I did the same thing when getting started modifying Reels and have LEARNED GOBS from  MEMBERS here and my own experiences.
The 113 plain jane can have a nice updated metal frame but it is not practical in my opinion as the gearing lacks the Balls the H series have.....lol
Depending on your age of 113H ,some of the Newer Model side plates have the cut out for a second dog OR you can buy Cortez Custom  plates when available as well as the 114 H Reels have the cut out already there and you just need to buy the extra Dog and spring .
The Early 113H Stock Plate  you have to mod a bit to fit the dog properly with  some dremell work.

There are 113H dual Dog Bridge assemblies available that just fit fine and MysticParts.com has those .
Dual Dog for 113H
as well as Gearing,Handles ,spools,parts ......GOBS of Stuff

And Randy with Vintage offshore Tackle in the above post has some Damn Good Deals if they are still available

Frames and Stuff From Randy
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Thanks for the plug Henry.  There are aftermarket frames available for all if those reels.   I don't get involved with any of the aftermarket internal parts.