Mo's 2022 Feesh Reports

Started by mo65, April 25, 2022, 10:28:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mo65

Got out on the river for my first time this year.  :fish The current was rippin'...she was high and full of sticks and branches floating down stream. I fished my Mag 10 and my new Monofil 27. I only caught a few small channel cats, but I did land this nice hybrid striper. I can't remember which reel I hung the striper on, but they both fished really well.  8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

steelfish

nice healthy fish compadre MO.

10x better than mine this year  :P
The Baja Guy

Squidder Bidder

Midway Tommy

Nice one, Mike!  8)  They call them wipers in NE. Those things usually put up a pretty good tussle. 
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

oldmanjoe

Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

mo65

Got a decent Flathead on this trip...it was 30 pounds...bait was cut shad. I caught it on my Pro Challenger Jigmaster 501. 

Midway Tommy

Nice, MO! I bet that was fun!

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Gfish

Alright brodda Mo!
No needa go da Ocean fo' feesh, when catch dose!
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Benni3

That's some nice fish keep getting them my friend,,,,,, ;D

akfish

I'm curious: How are flathead on the table compared with channel cats? And are they still good at 30 pounds?
Taku Reel Repair
Juneau, Alaska

Midway Tommy

Quote from: akfish on May 24, 2022, 01:11:19 AMI'm curious: How are flathead on the table compared with channel cats? And are they still good at 30 pounds?

A bunch of guys I know claim flatties are way better than channel cats. I don't personally know, though.

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Benni3

Flatheads I have heard different stories but the meat around there bellie is great,,,, ;D

mo65

Quote from: akfish on May 24, 2022, 01:11:19 AMI'm curious: How are flathead on the table compared with channel cats? And are they still good at 30 pounds?

I'm not a big fan of any catfish on the table...but I've found the smaller the better. Small 1-2 pound channels seem best to me. 8)

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain