Mo's 2022 Feesh Reports

Started by mo65, April 25, 2022, 10:28:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oc1

Just catching up.  You've had a good season Mo.  All really nice fish.

Benni3

Mo you're doing great,,,,,, ;) if you're not out there then you don't have a chance for the dream fish you always wanted,,,,,, ;D

mo65

The catfish are coming off the spawn here...just starting to bite again. I got this nice big Channel on a live goldfish. I was using my Penn Mag 10.  :fish
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

thorhammer

Benni3

Donnyboat

Nice picture Mike, looks like the fish are working you to hard, your loosing weight, look good man, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Wompus Cat

Quote from: akfish on May 24, 2022, 01:11:19 AMI'm curious: How are flathead on the table compared with channel cats? And are they still good at 30 pounds?

Catfish are some of the Best Tasting Fish Fare they are my ol Mississippi Snaggled Toothed Buddy use to say.
Most Catfish are Bottom Feeders and will eat anything ,even another Catfish and they have Slimy Slick Skin and can put a Hurt on ya that will stay a while if you get finned by one .When you do get a fin poke just Rub the Belly of the Catfish on it and it will  take the stinging away right now.( I know I will get an argument about Hygiene,Sars,Bacterial Calamities,Typhoid,Measels,River Rot,Mold and Mildew Stains ,Yellow Fever,Jaundice,Emergency Room Surgical cleansing of the wound Cauterizing the hand ,foot or leg,loss of Hair,Impotence ,Non Impotence ,Appetite, shortness of Breath and other Maladies but this works .
The smaller 1-2 pound Channels are Great for sure  but depending on the water and make up of the lake or River Bottoms you need to clean em  filet the bigger ones ,then soak in a little salted iced down  Clean water overnight . We used to catch a lot of Mud Cat in some old Stock Tanks and leave them in a water trough for a day or two to get the musky smell and taste out .Then with the Bigguns  ,you need to filet the filets to smaller thinner pieces and or chunks  and season with your favorite blend ,batter  or just plain ol corn meal .
Lard is the Best cooking oil as it will get very hot and does not absorb into the meat as bad as other oils .
Every body's tastes are different but gimme a  Whiskered Bottom Feeder anytime to fry up .

And Mo and Company THEM  is some NICE KITTIES !!!!

And YEP it's EARLY  :cf

If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

mo65

Quote from: Donnyboat on August 06, 2022, 06:39:19 AMNice picture Mike, looks like the fish are working you to hard, your loosing weight, look good man, cheers Don.

You're right Don...I have lost about 40 pounds...it ain't easy 'cause I loves to eat! 8)

El Pescador

Quote from: Donnyboat on August 06, 2022, 06:39:19 AMNice picture Mike, looks like the fish are working you to hard, your loosing weight, look good man, cheers Don.

MO!!!

I saw the same thing, and thanks Don for pointing it out.

BUTT be careful MO, if you get any better look'n, you might have your backstage pass pulled by the dive bars where you play!!!!

Man, NO High Faluting Sofista-CATES coming from the big city are taking over rural Ohio!!!!  NOT HERE...  NOT TODAY!!!!

You do look great MO!!!!  Keep it going,  I've lost 10 lbs. and I'm exhausted!!!!

Have you thought about posting your weight loss diet here online???

and maybe Fred can post how to organize our Garage and storage areas!!!!!!

Keep it going,

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

alantani

Quote from: Donnyboat on August 06, 2022, 06:39:19 AMNice picture Mike, looks like the fish are working you to hard, your losing weight, look good man, cheers Don.

looking good!!!!!!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

foakes

When I used to fly on a regular basis, there was a little family diner on an uncontrolled Airport —- Woodlake, about 50 miles Southeast of Fresno.

On Friday nights, they would feature all of the Deep Fried Catfish, fries, and coleslaw you could eat for $5.

Only took 15 minutes to fly there, tie down, and walk into the diner.  Would fly back after dark and land at FAT, tie down and go home with a full belly.

Made many a trip out there.

They also had excellent clam chowder.

I would leave a larger tip than the meal cost for a couple of people.

Thanks for the post, Mike!

You look great after shedding 40 pounds!

If anyone wants to know what 40 pounds feels like when we are carrying that extra weight —- just lift a 5 gallon water jug —- and carry it around for 10 minutes. Then imagine that is how much harder your heart, circulation, back muscles, and everything else needs to work —- when you are carrying it 24/7.

As for organization, Wayne —- just remember to use the vertical as much as possible —- instead of the square footage.
Keep the most used things accessible and labeled —- then either deep store everything else not used regularly —- or better yet, get rid of any stuff we are not using.  Keep it lean, capable, and uncluttered.  When a doctor is operating on you —- you don't want them to have a mess of instruments just piled on a prep table —- but you do want them to know exactly where everything is without saying "Now where is that artery clamp?  I just saw it a couple of days ago...".

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

PacRat

Quote from: mo65 on June 09, 2022, 12:42:16 PMThe big Flathead cats are on the chew in the Ohio River. We had three great mornings of fishing last weekend. The best baits were cut shad and live goldfish.

My nephew caught a cat that puked up a live goldfish when he was cleaning it. The goldfish's fins were digested but it was still alive so he tossed it in the aquarium and named it Jonah. It lived a couple more years and partially grew his fins back. They're tough little suckers.
-Mike

mo65

Quote from: PacRat on August 07, 2022, 09:42:36 PMMy nephew caught a cat that puked up a live goldfish when he was cleaning it. The goldfish's fins were digested but it was still alive so he tossed it in the aquarium and named it Jonah. It lived a couple more years and partially grew his fins back. They're tough little suckers.
-Mike

Those goldies are super tough. They stay alive on a hook so well that we drop our lines into the bait tank while moving to the next spot...we'll fish them on multiple spots. Rob talks to his like a manager coaching his fighter between rounds...that boy ain't right. ;D  Many times we'll fish a goldie in several spots...and it will still be lively as if it were never on a hook. We have a silly ritual where we'll free a goldie that ain't been bit after four or five dunks...we call it earning their freedom...HA! 8)

Donnyboat

Thanks Mike, I agree, its not easy loosing weight, but since My wife started have trouble with her back, I am doing all the house work & cooking, so I have cut down on meal sizes, I `ve been loosing about 450 grams/week, I think that is a good healthy way to loose weight, I`ve lost about 17Kgs, and feel much better for it, keep well cheers Don. I`am not sending you any photos though I`am likely to brake the camera.
Don, or donnyboat

Crow

I think I'm finding all the weight you guys are losing !!
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !