Water Sensor with loud alarm

Started by Gobi King, May 03, 2022, 02:55:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gobi King

I have a little water issue in my garage corner, a water sensor will be nice, do they make a reliable water sensor that is LOUD or has wireless notification?
We are talking half an inch of standing water on concrete
Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan

Brewcrafter

Only a guess here, but maybe research "low water cutoff switch".  A lot of our equipment have these probes that are basically designed to complete a circuit as long as there is liquid in a reservoir, and if the water level drops it shuts down.  Some are pretty elaborate (expensive!) but others we use are fairly simple (like the ones in our steam boilers) and are readily available (they get salted up and fail pretty regularly in the harsh enviroment and are meant to be replaced - they resemble a spark plug).  Maybe you could inexpensively rig something up around one of those and a home alarm? - john

Gobi King

did some interweb-bing and they nearly all suck,

I tried a cheapo 9v all in one unit and I never figured out it was under water, never even go to hear a beep.

so it seems a I need a unit with a REMOTE sensor and  wired main alarm unit that is laut zu laut.

hhh, brew, I can rig up simething with a platinum spark plug but I rather have something that UL rated and all.
Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan