Jaws movie rod & reel

Started by Maxed Out, April 12, 2022, 09:28:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wompus Cat

Quote from: foakes on April 13, 2022, 11:48:37 PMHey Henry —-

Thinking a 16/0 with a Fenwick 130 rod could be bought for $200 —- is the same as thinking it is worth $12,000.

😄😄😄

Best, Fred

Well ya never know . ;D
 His  affliction of price manipulation is now  trending in a different scenario which is evident in the Drastic Drop in aforementioned  12 Grand to a mere 2Grand .
 Worth a Shot . Still waiting for a Counter offer ::)
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

Benni3

Quote from: philaroman on April 14, 2022, 01:32:28 AMI've seen people fish for Suckers w/ rather stout Catfish rod/reel...  but, never a 16/0+130# Fen
You can do it,,,,,, ;)

handi2

The one I have is near mint mounted on a beautiful Harnell unlimited rod. I will post when I can.

Plus a unique 12/0 or 14/0 mint with a chromed brass spool that is in the shape of the newer Aluminum spools.

Two or more 14/0 reels in mint condition. All on beautiful rods period correct rods of different manufacturers.

Hopefully Ted has some pictures of the them.

Keith
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Maxed Out

Quote from: handi2 on April 14, 2022, 05:59:00 AMThe one I have is near mint mounted on a beautiful Harnell unlimited rod. I will post when I can.

Plus a unique 12/0 or 14/0 mint with a chromed brass spool that is in the shape of the newer Aluminum spools.

Two or more 14/0 reels in mint condition. All on beautiful rods period correct rods of different manufacturers.

Hopefully Ted has some pictures of the them.

Keith

I'd be happy to post pics Keith. I have hundreds of photo albums on my wife's computer, and I know they're there somewhere. It might take a few days for me to find that folder with those pics. Do you remember approx time frame when I sold them to you ?? That would narrow down my search

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

UKChris1

I've got a brown Fenwick 130 with stainless straight butt and Mildrum rollers - closer to the original Jaws rod than the white Fenwick. Maybe I could ask $5000?  >:D

Seriously, the white Fenwick 130 is a lovely rod even against today's competition and I happily use it with full confidence. It has Aftco Big Foot rollers and the bent Aftco #6 butt and Varmac RS6H chromed brass reel seat and would be matched with a 130 'gold' reel, not a Senator.

The white rod is much heavier and more powerful than the brown one.