Cobra 1000 Bowfishing Spincast Reel

Started by old 1946, May 20, 2022, 09:09:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

old 1946

Hello All
 A little history first,I have been collecting? more like hoarding fishing reels since I was a young boy
I will be 76 years old in August.
I have over 300 reels spinning,casting,spincast etc,some still in the box and some no box and I still fish
with some of them.
Now subjuct at hand,I bought the Cobra 1000 and accessories in the early 80s to try my hand at bowfishing
but fate stepped in and I injured my arm and lost the strength to draw back the bow hence the Cobra is still
new in the box.
The Cobra was made by the Spinit Reel Co. before losing a lawsuit with the Zebco Fishing Reel Co. in 1983.
The court ruled that all fishing reel products be destroyed however seems quite a few suvived and show up now and then except for the
Cobra 1000,google search turns up absolutely nothing not even a photo of one, more or less one new in the box with all new accessories.
Zebco copied the SR70 and the Cobra with their Brute spincast made in 1993 one year only.
How rare is the Cobra 1000 and the value?DSCF0012.JPGDSCF0013.JPGDSCF0014.JPG    I have no idea.
If any of you have information about said reel please enlighten me/us.
If any of what I stated above is wrong,please feel free to correct me.

Believe none of what you hear
half of what you read
and all of what you see.

Bill B

How rare... I think you answered that question.  I have never heard of the company or the reel.  And definitely never heard about the lawsuit.  But then again I know little about the Zebco company or their reels.  Others will chime in with more knowledge than me.  Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

old 1946

Quote from: Bill B on May 20, 2022, 11:51:13 PMHow rare... I think you answered that question.  I have never heard of the company or the reel.  And definitely never heard about the lawsuit.  But then again I know little about the Zebco company or their reels.  Others will chime in with more knowledge than me.  Bill

Thanks for yor reply Bill.
half of what you read
and all of what you see.

thorhammer

old 1946

Quote from: thorhammer on May 22, 2022, 01:45:20 AMYou may be the resident expert....
Thanks for the reply,but I am by no means an expert on the subject off fishing reels.
Mr.Fred Oakes is wirhout a doubt the leading fishing reel expert on this site or any other fishing reel site for that matter.
half of what you read
and all of what you see.