AlanTani.com Penn 4/0 Vendor Build

Started by Toehi, May 28, 2022, 05:23:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toehi

Everything except for the knobs were purchased from a vendor here, thanks to the vendors for keeping my wallet light and my heart happy.

First up are the factory parts going into the reel, all brand new from Mystic.

Toehi

Cortez side plates, Pro Challenger double dog bridge and high speed gears.  More pics to come as I put these together.

Toehi

SD Carbontex drags and washers, I had planned to go with BY's stack but they were out of stock when I originally ordered. Got another set for my P454 though, love those drags!

Toehi

Toehi

Tiburon "Hawaiian wide" kits from Randy, they are unbadged kits which is awesome. If anyone asks I'm going to pay homage to Accurate and tell people they are Tib Broaderbill kits, lol!!  Got the first reel together, Tiburon drag stars may pose a problem as they are super close to the side plate but I'm hoping an extra washer or 2 fixes that. Forgot to post the PC SS gear sleeves. They run like a Swiss watch with the double dogs.

handi2

Very nice!!

I quit using the double dog bridge. They always break on me under a heavy drag,
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Donnyboat

many good fish to come with that reel, thanks for showing us, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Wompus Cat

So many times the intent to make a Highly efficient Fish Getter ends up as a Beautifull ART PIECE !
Ya Done Good there !  :fish  :d  :d

Now you will be needing a 6/0 W and a Jiggy and a YTS

If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

RowdyW

Looking good. I love purple & black. It looks like the spool is a little off center, it needs to be shifted to the right a little.       Rudy

handi2

It's beautiful

I have 3 of the Jigmasters in 3 different width's.

They have every option available.

DD bridge, Ceramic Hybrid Bearings, custom handle's, custom red acrylic knobs, stainless steel gears
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Bill B

Good job.  I see some big fish in your future.  Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!