D.A.M. Champion 3000 Retrieve

Started by sandbar, May 31, 2022, 10:41:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandbar

Is the 3000 retrieve reversible without new parts?
I purchased one a while back on our favorite online store and didn't notice that it was right hand retrieve.
Awesome reel. Great price. A whole lot bigger than expected.

oldmanjoe

No  you have to get oscillating arm for for the change # 77
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

foakes

I will drop one of the oscillation arms for left-hand cranking in the mail today, Steve —- N/C.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

sandbar

Thank You very much Fred.Your generosity is much appreciated and legendary.
I finally picked up my first 1202 on eBay for what I thought was a steal. The reel appears unused and came with the box.
The literature that came with the box included schematics for the
I didn't realize that the 01 and 02 series were so much alike.

foakes

That paperwork pamphlet has a tremendous amount of information not found anywhere else.

One thing worth mentioning —- there are (2) different 5001's —- a high speed and a low speed.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

sandbar

I didn't see the 5001 options mentioned. Do they have a sticker that identifies them?
I'm going to try to make a good copy of the pamphlet that came with the reel and add it to the schematics list that you started a year or so ago.

foakes

The high speeds (1:4) were mostly, if not all, for North America, Steve —-

These have a high speed red and silver sticker on the bail/rotor assembly.

About half of the European issued and marketed 5001's had no high speed sticker —- these are the lower-geared models (1:2.5).

Only way to tell them apart is by the sticker.

If the sticker is missing —- just crank the handle 360 —- and see if the rotor spins 2 1/2 or 4 times per crank.

Your left side cranking connecting arm went out today from the Post Office for the 3000 Champion.

Best, Fred

--------

Fred O.

sandbar

B55FC46E-2307-4422-92CC-A00EA93D16B1.jpeg Fred
I received the oscillation arm in the mail today. Thank You for your generosity. Please add the $5.00 postage to my bill for the reels you are working on. You've saved me again from my error in purchasing a wrong handed reel. You bailed me out on a wrong handed Finessa not that long ago. If I forgot to let you know that I received that part and forgot to thank you, please forgive me.
I'm slowly working on a Microlite now and will do the Finessa and 3000 soon. I absolutely love the orange bag. It's now a valuable part of my collection.

foakes

Not necessary, Steve —-

These were meant as gifts for a good client.

Best, Fred

--------

Fred O.