Ugly Stick White Tiger trollling rod

Started by Eddie Hernandez, June 18, 2022, 01:03:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Hernandez

Hi All- just purchased this outfit today for $80 anyone know anything about this ugly stick never seen anything like. I really was just searching for a  penn 113h reel and found this setup.

Donnyboat

Lucky man Eddie, is it a 113H or a 114H, nice set up, I would try & take the rollers out of the rod, then hone the roller & the bush, out with very fine steel wool then lube them with marine grease, specialy if you dont  intend to cast with it, otherwise, use a light oil, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Eddie Hernandez

The Reel is a 113H,spooled with wire.

gstours

I agree with Donny,  make sure the rollers are able, and do roll easily or at least remove the wire line, as it will groove the rollers, in the guides and you will be disappointed someday.   Aftco did make hardened rollers for the wire line application but the frame will be stamped with an H.   
  Possibly some careful heat application to the screws may be helpful in loosening them .   Use care,  go slow.  Good luck fishing.🎣

oldmanjoe

Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

Eddie Hernandez

All done with the Rod had no issues removing the screws thank you Jesus! Used fine steal wool on the guides and rollers and lightly greased them up. I won't fish this rod I will display it in my man cave.

Eddie Hernandez

Its hanging up and has plenty of company