More CARB Foolishness

Started by Keta, July 19, 2022, 03:47:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keta

I just found out the fools (California Air Resource Board) that forced the BS unvented gas cans with the nozzles that dump gas (to reduce fumes) banned denatured alcohol 2 years ago.  They force us to burn ethanol in our cars and the serfs in CA can not buy a solvent....WTH?????
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Midway Tommy

Glad I live in sensible "fly over" country.  ;)   ;D  I must say, though, that I do grit my teeth every time I think about how much extra it just cost me when I see one of those silly "Proposition 65 Warnings" on a product I purchase here in the plains.  ::)
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

Shellbelly

I bought a folding knife that purportedly had been found to cause cancer in CA.  Outta control. 
"Little boy,  you can get glad in the same pants you just got mad in."  (My Momma)
"You shot it boy, you're gonna clean it and eat it".  (My Dad)

MarkT

The trouble with something like a prop 65 warning on almost everything is that after a while no one pays attention to them even if maybe they should in that instance.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

PacRat

Funny thing about Prop 65...There are many companies in California who put prop 65 labels on every product because they don't want to risk getting sued. Then on the other end of the supply line there are companies who freak out when these 'cancerous' materials arrive from California. They don't want them in the building (or even on their receiving dock).

I work all over the US and a very common question I get is,"Hey Mike, how come everything in California gives you cancer?"

California is overdue for new management.

philaroman

yesh, shonny...  back in dem Good 'Ole Daysh,
we could blindfold wit flypaper, huff some MEK, and frolic wit lawn-darts
now, DAT was FREEDOM!!!

Bill B

Quote from: philaroman on July 20, 2022, 01:36:23 AMyesh, shonny...  back in dem Good 'Ole Daysh,
we could blindfold wit flypaper, huff some MEK, and frolic wit lawn-darts
now, DAT was FREEDOM!!!

Yeah you can't buy lawn darts in this liberal lunatic asylum, but you can buy the parts and assemble at your own risk.  You haven't lived until you played beer darts with them.  🤣🤣🤣🤣
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Brewcrafter

Beer Darts?  I'm in!!!! - john

Keta

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Keta

Mark Twain

oldmanjoe

I am sorry to inform you that you are no longer in compliance .
  The new revision has now added :  Hearing protection for horse.
                                    Safety vests
                                    Slow moving sign
                                    Water cooler
                                    Dot Reflective tape

Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

Midway Tommy

OSHA is the sole reason why, after establishing and expanding my highly successful construction and homebuilding corporation, that I decided to downsize and get rid of all employees and work by myself with only contract labor. Like most government run entities, OSHA is nonsensical. ::)
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)