Started by Larry, June 24, 2022, 08:22:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larry

I have a brand new Rhino RBCXL and the line pawl stops at the handle
Side and needs help to go again. Would this be the worm shaft or the
Pawl? Where can I get parts or get it fixed? I have the rod and reel
And neither has been to the water yet.

RowdyW

I bought one about 10 years ago in K Mart. It's still new on a new 9 ft. 2pc trolling rod & still standing in a corner somewhere. It's spooled up with 30# mono & I know it works but that's about all. It's probably similar in size & design to a Penn 209 Level Wind.     Rudy

Bill B

Larry, you are correct, a worn pawl or worm drive.  You can try flipping the pawl.  You may also try adding a shim under the pawl to raise it closer to the worm drive.  Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

mo65

I made a post about this reel years ago...it's a solid reel for sure. I don't remember anything odd about the levelwind, it is standard fair, making Bill's advise about shimming that pawl a probable fix. Many reels have shims under that pawl anyway, and possibly your reel is just missing the stock part. Here's a link to my post:

https://alantani.com/index.php?topic=19517.0
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Donnyboat

You can remove the line level altogether,if you dont want to keep it as a genuine reel, then you can cast it a lot further, also ceramic bearings, left dry will help to cast further, but you may have to wash then with carb cleener after use, just seal of  the holes of each side of the reel, good luck, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat