114H Bridge post spinning

Started by ksandin, July 27, 2022, 06:19:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ksandin

Hoping for some advice,

I have two elecramates with 6/0 reels on them. While cleaning and disassembling the second one I couldn't remove the sleeve from the bridge post. 

I saw Alan's advice of heating the sleeve with a torch but noticed that the bridge post is turning with the sleeve. 
Is replacement the option?

Would there be any benefit to spend anymore effort in removing the sleeve? I don't solder or weld and am not sure how you'd re-secure the bridge post to the bridge.

Thank you, 

Keith

Keta

I have had luck peening the post in the past but you should replace the bridge.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Wompus Cat

The very Fact the Sleeve won't remove and the shaft is turning in the Bridge plate tells me ya got a bigger problem and have had on that for some time .
If there were not good used  and or new parts available then and only then would I attempt to use the old parts you have .
 Even If you get the Sleeve off the Shaft ,a proper mandrell would be needed to properly re-peen the thing and may not work since it is probably been wallowing around for some time, GOOD LUCK and look closely at the wear patterns on those gears  .
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

Brewcrafter

Since you don't solder or weld, honestly I am in Keta's camp and I would think the best (and easiest) bet is to look about for a bridge and sleeve; possibly one of the Ohana would have either or both if they have done a swap to stainless parts where you can pickup good OEM parts reasonable. - john

Gfish

Yup.
I have that sleeve and pin. No bridge though. PM me if your need the sleeve.
Think about stainless steel replacements from aftermarket manufacturers in the For Sale section.

Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

ksandin

Thanks for all the help, Mystic parts had the bridge/sleeve combo in stock and placed an order. There were a couple missing screws under the plates that attach to the elec-tra-mate, and a self tapping sheet metal screw in one of the posts. 
The reality of buying used and advertised as "recently serviced"  ::)   
Also I'll watch the gears and since it's on a Elec-tra-mate the stainless upgrade sounds like it will be in order.

Keith