Shimano parts needed

Started by CaptKrunch, July 10, 2022, 12:00:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptKrunch

Not sure if this is the right spot for this.

I have a Shimano Speedmaster IV that is missing the click button.

I called Shimano and they do jot carry that part anymore and the sites I have looked at aren't much help.

Ereplacent parts shows the picture but call it something else and after reading some of the comments I'm leary of them.

Doe anyone have any suggestions on who may have the click button, spacers A and spacer B?

Thanks in advance
Sometimes  you are the reason for the safety meeting and somedays you are the only one they call to do the dumbs**t

Wompus Cat

If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

CaptKrunch

Yes. That is the part. There is a spacer under the button and one on the inside as well
Sometimes  you are the reason for the safety meeting and somedays you are the only one they call to do the dumbs**t

Wompus Cat

I will look up the numbers and see what I have .No guarantees but I do have a substantial arsenal of Shimano stuff to go through plus some other parts may interchange .
I assume you have the clicker Pawl .

CaptKrunch

Yes. The pawl and the c clip fell off on the inside.

Thank you

Wompus Cat

Quote from: CaptKrunch on July 10, 2022, 12:37:27 AMYes. The pawl and the c clip fell off on the inside.

Thank you

That helps knowing how it was locked in there .
Some are peened over . I am thinking one from another button from say a Newwell ,Cortez side plate ,Lee pro, and others might work

CaptKrunch

When ibwas on the phone with Shimano, ordering the something for a TLD 15, the guy I was talking to said that nothing they had would cross over.

Wompus Cat

Quote from: CaptKrunch on July 10, 2022, 01:24:33 AMWhen ibwas on the phone with Shimano, ordering the something for a TLD 15, the guy I was talking to said that nothing they had would cross over.

THey say a lot of things ....lol