C4 6600 grinding questions

Started by Cubby1973, August 12, 2022, 03:08:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cubby1973

Hi all! Fist time posting on this thread. I've skimmed through the posts and didn't see what I'm looking for, so here it goes. I recently bought a couple of used reels one a 6000 "The Original" and a c4 6600. The 6000 works great after a cleaning the 6600 8a where I'm seeing the issue. Noticed when I got it it has a grinding feel when reeling. It's bad enough the your hand vibrates a while after. I opened it up and it looks like maybe the main gear could be damaged. Almost looks like the teeth are slightly rolled on one edge. My question is as the gear is most likely the issue does anyone know where to get the pinion gear? It's apparently obsolete and not made anymore and if the main gear is gone I want to change both. If you all have other options for what the issue could be, I'm all ears. Thanks in advance!

Best
Jeff

DougK

another 6600 c4, from ebay ;-)
sorry but sometimes a spare parts reel is the only option..

Cubby1973

I actually found a thread from an earlier post where someone changed their reel from the 6.3 ratio to 5.3. I have no issues increasing my torque as I intend to fish for catfish in the Muddy Mississip! So going to get the main gear and pinion gear from a 6500 c3.

Thanks
Jeff

Keta

For that use I would recommend C4 Winch gears.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain