Started by Dawsonh, July 19, 2022, 04:25:32 AM
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Quote from: Brewcrafter on July 19, 2022, 06:49:30 AMDawsonh - You're at the right place. I am pretty familiar with the quality parts you have listed above, and here are some thoughts:You did not mention your drag kit. Stock? One of Brian's killer "7+1" aftermarket stacks? Home made combination of stock and aftermarket? Drag stack height (and pretty much any measurements) can be critical. Also while those aftermarket gear sets are pretty much a drop in, they are slightly larger.As great as all of these parts are, from great folks, it is important to keep in mind both the long run of the 113H and the fact that multiple "non-stock" parts are coming from multiple manufacturers. As good as they are, some massaging may be required. With tolerance stackup, it is not unusual that even something as simple as loosening the bridge screws and retightening them can correct the problem. That few thousands of play can make a difference.This may prove helpful: https://alantani.com/index.php?topic=31860.msg372294#msg372294There are many folks on this site that are way sharper than I am, many of whom actually developed the parts you are using. But I am fond of the 113H and have done a few of these conversions with the parts mentioned. I am confident we can work through this together, you have an awesome reel in the making! - john
QuoteThe old gears and drag stack were taller, one carbon fiber washer and one keyed washer sat above the gear. When I put it back together the first time the drag star was contacting the frame when tightened. I moved one of the fiber washers and one keyed washer to the top of the new gears and stack making it 8+1. It fit this time and works ok now. The spool shaft is still pretty tight to the pinion but it
Page created in 0.073 seconds with 18 queries.