Need part for Dam Quick 1001

Started by KPO, July 19, 2022, 04:25:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KPO

Hi All, I am new to the board and am  developing an interest in certain vintage reels.  I recently acquired a Dam Quick 1001.  I like this series.  Anyhow, this 1001 is missing the round cap to cover the side opening that is opposite the crank handle.  The cap has the manufacturer and model name on it.  Does anyone have advice or suggestions on how I might find this part to put the reel back in operating order?  Many thanks!

Midway Tommy

Fred might have an extra. He should be along shortly.
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

foakes

Welcome aboard, Kevin!

Here is your new part.

$6 + $4 shipping.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

KPO

Hello Fred!  Thank you for your kind welcome!  And thank you for finding the exact right vintage part so quickly. 

As an uninformed new user if you could let me know the best way to complete the part purchase transaction I would be most appreciative!  No rush. 

BTW, I will likely have future maintenance requirements on this reel (and other similar in the series).  I am not adept at these operations.  If you have any suggestions on that please let me know.  All the best,  Kevin.

foakes

Hi Kevin —-

Alan's site is about becoming more adept at understanding as well as learning how to service, repair, and upgrade your reels.

For folks who prefer to let someone else do the job, myself and others on this site are ready and able to get it done for you.

Just contact me via messaging on the site —- and we will exchange information to get the part to you.

Best Regards, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.