New Build Inspired by Mrs. G Loomis

Started by K Nguyen, February 10, 2012, 01:04:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

K Nguyen

Wow! What a great ride it has been for me in the last 45 days. All I have to say is Gary & Susan Loomis are incredible people. I have enjoyed working side by side with them as I learning from two masters of this great craft.

I am not employed by NFC or by the Loomis. I am there as guest and they are teaching me without any exchange of compensations. I am the luckiest person on earth.

This next rod are bits and pieces of whatever I had left over that's laying around. I was inspired by Susan Loomis by her statement to me the other day. "I waste nothing. I am a very frugal person... it all come out at the bottom line in this business."

Trust me, Susan is extremely smart and she is NOT cheap.

Blank is a prototype 7'6" bass I extended to 9'6". Approximate rating is 12-25lb. 1 piece.
Fuji Alconite K frame guides on a spiral layout.

I'll test casted this setup paired with an Ambassadeur 6500 Blue Yonder CT the other day and handled 8 oz with no problem. I easily tossed 100 yards plus.

Thanks for looking.
Why you don't take Asians fishing with you???
Because we will eat your bait.

K Nguyen

K Nguyen

Bryan Young

Wow, very nice.  Are you getting into the custom rod business?
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

K Nguyen

Quote from: Bryan Young on February 10, 2012, 01:22:08 AM
Wow, very nice.  Are you getting into the custom rod business?

Yes , but have not made a penny yet.  Still building up inventory.  Thanks for the kind words.

Bryan Young

Good luck.  You are off to a great start for sure.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

K Nguyen

Quote from: Bryan Young on February 10, 2012, 06:44:27 AM
Good luck.  You are off to a great start for sure.

Thanks B.

Let me know if you need a push start back into the craft.  I live 1 mile from Angler's Workshop... I will happy to ship accessories to the rock for you with my wholesale acct.

Bryan Young

Thanks K.  I currently live about 20 minutes from Alan.  So, I'm on the same rock as you.  ;D

Angler's Workshop is a great retailer, wholesaler and distributor.  I used them when I was located in Hawaii and when I was still wrapping here in California.  Unfortunately, California taxes to operate a business made is cost prohibitive for my small operation.

But will take you up on the offer if and when I decide to get back into the business.

hafnor

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain