Silent Fisherman gadget

Started by Shellbelly, July 28, 2022, 03:30:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shellbelly

I saw this on the bay and had to bring it in for review and comment.  It's a casting device.  I would guess it's for spinners.

Familiar with this?

If nothing else, it could sling a water balloons at the grandkids.s-l1600.jpg   
"Little boy,  you can get glad in the same pants you just got mad in."  (My Momma)
"You shot it boy, you're gonna clean it and eat it".  (My Dad)

JasonGotaProblem

Methinks it's a means of testing a rod by neing able to reproduce the exact motion repeatedly. The nitty gritty beyond that? Beats me.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

oldmanjoe

???   A casting device ????      I think it a tip up !
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

Bill B

Yeah I'm thinking tip up for ice fishing perhaps.  Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Reeltyme

I can't go with the ice fishing route. I see no need for a variable spring loaded tube with a catch/release, on the ice. A homemade tester for casting action of rods? Seems extreme. Doesn't appear to be factory made. Maybe it wasn't meant for anything to do with fishing. It would make a great apple thrower!

Penn

Possibly for launching bait from the surf? 

tony

Wompus Cat

Actually that is only 1 of a (set of 40 ) Flap  Jack  Delivery System for the Russian Troops out in the Field and the Syrup Brush is missing off it .
On the bottom it should have stamped into it
Система доставки откидных домкратов.
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

Keta

It looks like a automatic hook setter to me.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Shellbelly

It's labeled, "Silent fisherman".  Patent pending.

A tip-up would be the opposite of this thing.  Think catapult here...or trebuchet if you want to get fisticated.

My kid-brain says dirt clod launcher into the plastic army men.
"Little boy,  you can get glad in the same pants you just got mad in."  (My Momma)
"You shot it boy, you're gonna clean it and eat it".  (My Dad)

oldmanjoe

Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

JasonGotaProblem

If those springs make any sound at all its false advertising.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

philaroman

it's an automatic hook-setter for a bank rod
Absent Fisherman is not catchy  :D :D :D
being absent, allows the fisherman to be really, really quiet...  almost silent  ::)
the contraption can make as much noise as it wants  ;D

Reeltyme

Quote from: JasonGotaProblem on July 28, 2022, 02:40:00 PMIf those springs make any sound at all its false advertising.

If no one is around to hear it?? You know the whole tree/forest thing.