Humpback Whales

Started by gstours, August 06, 2022, 02:26:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

Some recent citings in southeast alaska. 

gstours

sometimes you just have to set your pole down and click away. :fish

gstours

They tell me the tail of these whales are identifiable, kinda like a human fingerprint.   

gstours

sometime its a little scary.

gstours

These big animals wer activily feeding and need a lot of fuel to migrate soon to warmer waters .

gstours

The cows have calves that follow the mom closely and usually show up as pairs as seen here.

Wompus Cat

Beautiful Creatures. Thanks for the Pictures .
Man should be able to wipe them out before long . >:( 
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

Gfish

Wow. You're either pretty close, or got a good zoom lens. Send ''em our way. In recent years the numbers seem to have been down😩.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Bill B

It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

MarkT

I've seen them jump down in Baja by Punta Colonet.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Swami805

Beautiful pictures, thanks for the post. They migrate by us twice a year.
Me and the wife went to guerro negro on the pacific side of baja. We got a panga and went out in the bay there, stick your hand in the water and start splashing. The grey whales swim up to the boat so you can pet them. They even will get under the calf's and lift them up to pet them. Dammest thing I've ever seen, scratching their heads, rubbing their bellies.  Truly an impressive animal ,the way they look at you, you feel like you're the zoo attraction to them. Pretty sure the worst breath of any creature I've run across anyway
If you ever get the opportunity, I highly recommend it
Do what you can with that you have where you are