Really big air boat

Started by Shellbelly, July 30, 2022, 11:32:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shellbelly

I got stuck behind this a while back.  I've been around airboats since I was a kid, but not anything like this.  I'm sure you guys can tell me a few things about this one.  My guess is it isn't a toy and it goes real fast.  The water line is about a foot there on the back.  Two V-8's.  Lots of gas.  Pretty loud I bet.IMG_0581.jpg  Imagine going sideways in that!

I couldn't get around it to take a better pic....there was one just like it behind me. 
"Little boy,  you can get glad in the same pants you just got mad in."  (My Momma)
"You shot it boy, you're gonna clean it and eat it".  (My Dad)

Swami805

Wow, that is huge!   2 V8's ?  Must have some commercial application
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Wompus Cat

Commercial Flounder Boats catching all the Flounder all night long when we can only catch a couple a few months out of the year .
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

MarkT

I guess everything really is bigger in Texas!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

RowdyW

Big Air Boats like that in the Florida Everglades with lots of seats to take tourists for rides into the Everglades. Exausts are muffled, the real noise comes from the props cutting the air.         Rudy

Swami805

Thanks for that Rudy, that explains it. Fuel bill must be crazy for that
Do what you can with that you have where you are

day0ne

What part of TX are you in?
David

"Lately it occurs to me: What a long, strange trip it's been." - R. Hunter

Bill B

Add a couple wings and they could give tours from 5,000'.  Thanks for sharing.  Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Shellbelly

Quote from: day0ne on July 31, 2022, 07:53:37 AMWhat part of TX are you in?
I live in Wharton county.  That pic was in Bay City. Imagine that as your company vehicle.

From what I could see, these looked like industrial work boats.  At least 20' long.  From the looks of the transom, they are in the water most of the time.  Probably takes a boom to hoist these out.
Quote from: Wompus Cat on July 31, 2022, 12:30:40 AMCommercial Flounder Boats catching all the Flounder all night long when we can only catch a couple a few months out of the year .
Flounder will be a memory if TX doesn't get a hold of that nonsense.  I think most of those fish are going out of state.  Have you seen the price of a fresh flounder?  Out-friken-rageous...and for a little bitty flat fish.  Now, if somebody will harvest hard heads, sell 'em to the crab fishermen, I'd back that in a heartbeat.
"Little boy,  you can get glad in the same pants you just got mad in."  (My Momma)
"You shot it boy, you're gonna clean it and eat it".  (My Dad)