Small collection issue

Started by Shellbelly, July 23, 2022, 06:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shellbelly

My little shelf runneth over.  About 3 years into this and I have to build something besides another reel.  Saving up some cypress and loblolly pine to give these some breathing room.  It's just too dang hot in the shop right now.

I'm thinking of a corner shelf w/desk.  I've been granted some space from the Wife and it's a "in the corner where you belong" agreement.  Yep, she loves me.IMG_0586.jpg
"Little boy,  you can get glad in the same pants you just got mad in."  (My Momma)
"You shot it boy, you're gonna clean it and eat it".  (My Dad)

Wompus Cat

And so another Saga in the Proverbial

RABBIT HOLE
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

Shellbelly

"Little boy,  you can get glad in the same pants you just got mad in."  (My Momma)

Midway Tommy

You truly have the VIRUS!  :o  Hopefully she won't make you wear a pointed hat in that corner.  ;D
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

Shellbelly

It's the only place I get to take the pointy hat off...

JasonGotaProblem

Ok if your collection has a problem, being small ain't it.

I need to consider a shelf. Everything not mounted to a rod is is a cardboard box.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

54bullseye

L
Quote from: Wompus Cat on July 23, 2022, 06:44:20 PMAnd so another Saga in the Proverbial

RABBIT HOLE
LOL !!!!!!  Been There done that !

David Hall

happyhooker

Maxed Out

Grasshoppa, your cup overfloweth
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Gfish

I like that radio on top. Does it work?
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Shellbelly

Yes, it's all there and it runs.  It's a Philco.  It needs to be re-capped cause it hums.  Everything underneath it pushed that project Way Back on the list, so it just holds the shelf down for now. 

I was a technician for a long time and thought it would be cool (and it is pretty cool) to refurb old radios.  I've been a fisherman much longer so....reels win.

Some day, when I feel like getting electrocuted, I'll fix it.

Donnyboat

Well Mr Shell, when you introduced youself to the forum, I asked how many reels you have, you obviously dont count past 100, very impresive, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Shellbelly

I'm kinda scared to count.  The wife is always watching when I play with those things.  So much eye rolling and head shaking, I never get to have any fun. :'(

Seriously though, I should make a spreadsheet in case I lose my marbles.  Oh!  Too late.