Okuma Solterra SLX-50WII

Started by boon, July 04, 2016, 07:43:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gfish

"Well done if you read this far", how about "well done" on your write-up and pictures. Made very easy to read to the end. Great detail and information.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

boon

Quote from: alantani on December 12, 2018, 06:39:09 PM
i don't know how i missed this post for so long.  very nice work.

Quote from: Gfish on December 12, 2018, 07:54:43 PM
"Well done if you read this far", how about "well done" on your write-up and pictures. Made very easy to read to the end. Great detail and information.

Thank you both for your kind words :) It is nice to be able to give back to this community in some way.

redsetta

These tutorials take a lot of time and effort - thanks boon.
The 'Final thoughts' in particular are really helpful.
Cheers mate, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

ijlal

Quote from: boon on December 11, 2018, 11:13:40 PM
Quote from: ijlal on December 11, 2018, 09:42:54 AM
The handle assembly looks very much similar to the Titus Gold handle in design (except for the grip.) Can someone tell me if it would be interchangeable?

Cheers.
Ijlal

It appears to assemble the same way, but there is no real way of knowing if the thread on the end of the drive shaft is the same on both reels. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if it was the same though.

Maybe find a nice friendly shop with a 50W in stock and ask if you can try it?

Since I live in Pakistan, borrowing one is not an option. I believe the only real way of knowing is to buy a handle and try it. One online store is selling the handle with the original rubber grip for around $20, and that is well worth it if it works out. If it doesn't fit, it's still pretty cheap, and can lie around till I can find a good use for it, or even possibly get the thread machined down to size.

If I go ahead with the experiment, I'll let you know how it goes.

Cheers!
I live 'fishing'!

steelfish

too bad the pictures are gone on this thread  >:(
The Baja Guy

boon

I have most of my old reel teardown photos but can't find these for the life of me. I'll have to fire up an old desktop and hopefully they are on there.