112 and 112h compatibility

Started by jigmaster501, August 07, 2022, 12:32:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jigmaster501

Tried posting yesterday but it didn't stick.

Guys and gals,

Does anyone have an old 112 and a 112h that you can put side by side?

I was wondering if the old 112 can fit in a tiburon frame.

I have a 112h Narrow kit that needs a reel and I was thinking that if this works, I will have a mini grouper special.

I know there are 3 holes on each side with the 112, do they match the holes on the

If not, would a Newell Yellowtail special base and and 99 jigmaster bars work.

This is all of course if the spool spindles are compatible.

Thanks everyone.

Eugene

alantani

i don't have either reel right now, but i checked the schematics.  they don't match up closely enough.  i don't think that they would work.  that doesn't mean that the frame cannot be adapted to fit the black 112.  the drilling would have to be precise.  tapping to 5-40 would then be a piece of cake.  the big question would be if the 112h spools shaft ends will fit in the 112.  the left side looks like it might be ok.  the right side, no. i don't think that any amount of modification will fix that.  it might be possible to machine a spool shaft to fit. 

interesting question.  another trip down the rabbit hole!!!!   ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Maxed Out

The 112 was built on a lb60 platform. A 112 spool can be used to widen a lb60&65, or also widen a seaboy 185&190.

The 112h doesn't interchange with any other reel. Also the 112h spool shaft is extra long on the headplate side, and won't fit any other reel.

If you want to narrow a 112, you'd use a lb65 spool and posts, and a 99 seat
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Shellbelly

I haven't seen a black 112 customized like that.  No practical need to modify the early 112 after H came out.

That doesn't mean your project has to stop.  I'll bet somebody tricked out an early 112 before H.
"Little boy,  you can get glad in the same pants you just got mad in."  (My Momma)
"You shot it boy, you're gonna clean it and eat it".  (My Dad)

Maxed Out

I kinda forgot that I had built a couple narrowed black 112's.

Here is a black 112 narrowed to 99 width with aluminum spool from a Seaboy 190
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

jigmaster501

I think I figured out another way.

Widen the hole on the bridge where the pinion goes on a RED 112H.

Put the black 112 main and 49 pinion gears in with a 112 yoke and maybe grind down the handle side plate to accommodate the taller main gear.

This might be the way of making a mini grouper special right on a 112h platform. Multi sizes too narrow, normal and wide. This might also fit the 112h2 as well.

Someone please tell me I reinvented the wheel here....

Ted,

If this doesn't work, I was going to use a newell 440 base, fill the holes with epoxy and tap them, then take the aluminum bars from a 113h and tap one hole on each side and skip the 3rd bar on each side. The 99 base is hard to find.

Thanks

Eugene

mo65

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~