Maroon/Red colored Mitchell 600 Series

Started by Reeltyme, August 17, 2022, 12:08:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brewcrafter

My 600A that has done plenty rockcod /bottomfishing duty out of Morro Bay and most definitely has a standard chrome/steel spool.  It is on a light duty inshore bottom fishing outfit.  Yes, it is cracked.  Other than that it works just fine on the Kencor 4' rod I have it on.  - john

Paul Roberts

My guesses: The ad is targeted to an American market since it mentions of American fish species. They may have been jumping on the red trend of the time (following the Ambassadeur's). And/or chasing the popularity of the Penn reels. Possibly they weren't produced for long?

Wompus Cat

Quote from: Reeltyme link=msg=4199876 date=16608730q64I was really hoping someone would pop up as well with a "here's a photo of one". I started collecting them because no one else did and I was board. Of course, you MUST have the whole series!

If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

JasonGotaProblem

You painted it huh? Worth a fortune on the 'bay
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

Reeltyme

Donnyboat

I had a white one with a broken plastic spool, the decal was missing, so I was not sure what model it was, so I gave it to a mate for part, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Wompus Cat

Then there are the Orange ones

Shellbelly

Mystery solved!  :)

The stickers might become more valuable than the reels at some point.  Who has a roll of those?
"Little boy,  you can get glad in the same pants you just got mad in."  (My Momma)
"You shot it boy, you're gonna clean it and eat it".  (My Dad)

54bullseye

I have a white one that isn't cracked !! I will have to dig it out for pictures. Buried away in box of bottom shelf reels LOL !!!

Wompus Cat

Quote from: 54bullseye on September 24, 2022, 10:14:44 PMI have a white one that isn't cracked !! I will have to dig it out for pictures. Buried away in box of bottom shelf reels LOL !!!

Might be Cracked now  :(

Maxed Out

Yep, there's 2 kinds of Mitchell 600's

.....them that's cracked, and them that's gonna crack

Me likey the red and orange. Nice job Henry !!
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!