DAM Quicks — (5) Leftovers — Discounted

Started by foakes, August 26, 2022, 10:32:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

happyhooker

Fall always seems to be a busy time.  Before the cold weather sets in and starts to crimp on outdoor activities.  Looking forward to more time with some indoor equipment projects!

Frank

Barishi

Fred, how often do you have reels for sale like these ones? Hoping to get a Quick later this year

foakes

Any time you want one —- just let me know.

Glad to help.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

handi2

Fred do you have a Microlight left? I'll take it.

Keith
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

foakes

Think I got rid of those two, Keith —-

But I have plenty of others.

I will put one together for you.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Barishi

Fred, when you restore an old DAM that needs new parts, what do you do with the old ones?

Would be hilarious if you framed all the old parts and mailed it back to the owner with a plaque reading, "gone but not forgotten". If it was a mistreated reel, "you can do better"

Even better if you added a grade to the reel on the frame similar to how a teacher would grade homework

Its just a funny thought

JasonGotaProblem

Quote from: Barishi on January 12, 2023, 11:30:24 AMFred, when you restore an old DAM that needs new parts, what do you do with the old ones?

Would be hilarious if you framed all the old parts and mailed it back to the owner with a plaque reading, "gone but not forgotten". If it was a mistreated reel, "you can do better"

Even better if you added a grade to the reel on the frame similar to how a teacher would grade homework

Its just a funny thought
That is actually pretty funny. It's not uncommon to get the replaced parts back. I think it's the reel equivalent of the mechanic showing you the old parts he replaced. But that is a fun spin on the idea.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

Barishi

Quote from: JasonGotaProblem on January 12, 2023, 12:22:19 PM
Quote from: Barishi on January 12, 2023, 11:30:24 AMFred, when you restore an old DAM that needs new parts, what do you do with the old ones?

Its just a funny thought
That is actually pretty funny. It's not uncommon to get the replaced parts back. I think it's the reel equivalent of the mechanic showing you the old parts he replaced. But that is a fun spin on the idea.

My poor phone photoshop artist interpretation...credits to a previous post for the reel pics

Did the image upload? Its there for me

54bobby

I know this thread isn't exactly current but being kind of new here i can't find a classified section but i do see the name Fred as being the go to guy when looking for something. I am looking for a D.Q. 110 and also a 220. The series wouldn't really mater, although i do like the N's, as long as they're German made. High speed would be nice but certainly not a deal breaker. NIB I'm guessing would be impossible but if you could work some magic I'll toss in my first born son.

Bob Elliott

foakes

Welcome aboard, Bob —-

I have everything you are looking for.

110, 220, 221 High Speed, 110N, 220N.

In boxes or fully restored as new without boxes —- your choices.

Will include a protective bag and a spare bail spring.

Fully restored as new, or new.

All will be fully pre-fish serviced and ready to spool.

Plus, there are other models also.

The underlined models are high speeds at 5:1, the others are regular speeds of 3:1.

PM me, and we can discuss your choices, possibly make suggestions —- and look at your best options to get the most bang for your buck without breaking the bank.

Final choices will be up to you.

Glad to help.

Best, Fred

--------

Fred O.

happyhooker

Greetings, Bob, from Minnesota.  Good to see another spinning reel enthusiast.

Frank

54bobby

i thank you for the welcome.as far as being a spinning enthusiast,  I gota dance with the one that got me here. just stumbled onto these D.Q'S. and i must say i'm very impressed. bin a Mitchell/Penn guy my entire life (i'm 68) the Penns cause im a homer born and raised in Philly (GO EAGLES) and the Mitchell line cause, hey, who didn't have a 300 growing up.