4/0 black senator handle

Started by FLNJBUM, August 27, 2022, 03:32:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FLNJBUM

Anyone have a handle for a 4/0 black senator? I'm looking for one without the counter balance. This is a post frame reel. Older. Probably from the 60s. It's a great shark and small Goliath rig here on the gulf. The old school handle is cumbersome tho
I can explain it to you,  but i cant understand it for you

alantani

The grips on the stock handle arms are pretty tiny.  Penn has a jigmaster power handle that is better. I have one that is massive.  I'm certain that we can find something for you, but there is slight issue.

The gear sleeve is very small and rounds off easily.  If you already have a stainless steel gear sleeve,  then you should be set. They are hard to find. If you can't find one , then it might not be worth spending money on thus reel.  :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Wompus Cat

Quote from: FLNJBUM on August 27, 2022, 03:32:50 PMAnyone have a handle for a 4/0 black senator? I'm looking for one without the counter balance. This is a post frame reel. Older. Probably from the 60s. It's a great shark and small Goliath rig here on the gulf. The old school handle is cumbersome tho

Plain Jane 113 Without Counter Balance and early style non Rubber Knob are not easy to find. Is this a Plain Black Side Plate 113 or an H model ?
Granted there are Gobs of Power Handles and NEW Rubber Knobbed ones . An 24-112H has no counter balance and  will fit .Those are hard to find too but I know where one is .
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

FLNJBUM

I'm pretty sure it's a plain black side plate.

Wompus Cat

Best thing to do is look on the side plates and see if it says 113 ,Penn Senator 4/0 or 113 H . If the  Outer Chrome ring on the Handle side has a cut out at the bottom instead of plain Rounded configuration you have a 113H  and If it is Black it is a Rare one or see if there is a part number on the back side of the blade on your handle .

FLNJBUM

FLNJBUM

I don't think this is anything special.

FLNJBUM

Oh, btw it says senator 4/0 on the side plate.

Wompus Cat

Well it's SPESHULL to YOU Ain't it ....lol
You have a 113 plain Jane 4/0 Penn Senator  with plain Handle of the Time.
One of Millions probably and a Darn Good Reel ............
It doesn't matter why you want a plane short No Counter Balance Handle with Black knob to me but if You REEELY want one P/M me for more info .

Shellbelly

Quote from: Wompus Cat on August 27, 2022, 05:33:53 PM113H  and If it is Black it is a Rare one

I've never laid eyes on one of those.
"Little boy,  you can get glad in the same pants you just got mad in."  (My Momma)
"You shot it boy, you're gonna clean it and eat it".  (My Dad)

Wompus Cat

Pick a Color

Shellbelly

0ne of those is an original black 113H? 
"Little boy,  you can get glad in the same pants you just got mad in."  (My Momma)

FLNJBUM

Are they cerakoted? Beautiful work!

Wompus Cat

Quote from: Shellbelly on August 27, 2022, 10:48:11 PMOne of those is an original black 113H? 

NOPE Just Messing with ya. ;D

I have been Told they Do exist BUT I ain't never Seen one too.

Quote from: FLNJBUM on August 28, 2022, 11:38:05 AMAre they cerakoted? Beautiful work!

Thank you  but NOPE Again.
I use different plain old Spray Krylon,Rustoleum, and old stock Auto  Enamels I have had for years and ,The Orange is a NEW Product with a Grainy Finish, 
suppose to be extremely Durable and Glows  under Ultra Violet Light( like you would Reely Need That ) how ever seems to get a wrinkle surface I always wanted for other work but NOT on this when Cleared . Keeps me outa the Bars and is good for Hand Eye Coordination at my age I am told.

Shellbelly

Quote from: Wompus Cat on August 28, 2022, 12:35:16 PMNOPE Just Messing with ya. ;D

OK!  I can exhale now. ;D

Did the OP get his handle?