Shimano Symetre 2000fh handle compatability

Started by Surfwrangler, September 30, 2022, 12:10:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Surfwrangler

So I acquired a shimano symetre 2000fh in very good condition. I intended to keep it as a backup reel, but I utterly deteste handle/arm that is on there now. It is a screw through handle setup rather than one that screws into the main gear, so I know that there are many other handles that would likely be compatible with the same reel of similar vintage. Was hoping that one of y'all might have an old handle laying around that you figured was potentially compatible or knew what part number of a newer rubberized handle (or even better an old wooden one) might be available.

I drilled out the old arm bc I couldnt stand it so much, and I had a older stradic 2000 handle arm that I figured I could make work, but of course turns out the screw that attached the handle arm to the hande shaft is totally fused to the handle arm. Can't budge it and have tried several tactics aside from drilling it out. Anyway neither here nor there. let me know if you have any ideas. Thanks y'all are the best.

philaroman

any older stradic up to FG 1000/2000 handle w/ rosewood knob will fit
(the only through-gear Sustain 1000/2000FA, possibly also had AL collar???)
not much variety of arm design on simple hinged handles
(all early shimano fancy one-touch folding designs were ATTROCIOUS, IMO)
all permanent pins -- no such thing as:
Quote from: Surfwrangler on September 30, 2022, 12:10:18 AMscrew that attached the handle arm to the hande shaft is totally fused to the handle arm. Can't budge it and have tried several tactics aside from drilling it out

P.S., your reel is same as Stradic 2000FG -- only differences are color/lettering,
cheaper handle, and plastic bushing on one side of main gear -- BB drops right in

Surfwrangler

thanks for the info, yep i remember it being similar to the stradics at the time. apparently more similar than i knew