Kon-Tiki Bamboo Gaff

Started by steelfish, September 08, 2022, 12:03:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelfish

another calcutta Bamboo Gaff this one is 5ft long.

The Baja Guy

Squidder Bidder

thorhammer

Great work, compadre. Everyone of your builds, I see where your skill continues refine. Kon-Tiki was one of my favorite reads as a kid.

Swami805

Do what you can with that you have where you are

Hardy Boy

Wow !! .................... I want one ! One day I will drive down to pick up a rod and a gaff and do some fishing.

Cheers:

Todd
Todd

steelfish

@ Squider, thanks amigo

@ John, yep, that story is pretty cool and insteresting, well, I just saw the movie  ^-^

@ Sheridan, gracias compadre

@ Todd, you're more than welcome to come at this part of Baja, I will have the rod and gaff ready !
The Baja Guy

JasonGotaProblem

Very nice, i like the concept. Loosely related I was thinking about that kayak gaff you made some time back, as an idea for my buddy's now broken rod.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

steelfish

Quote from: JasonGotaProblem on September 08, 2022, 07:46:42 PMVery nice, i like the concept. Loosely related I was thinking about that kayak gaff you made some time back, as an idea for my buddy's now broken rod.

I just made a Gaff for a Friend from a broken rod around 3 weeks ago, I never though on show it here because its way too basic and simple, basically I just dremel out the hoods of the reelseat and build a grip there, the rod already had its name (I restored that rod for him, he runs a fishing charter) took out the guides, cut the blank and installed the gaff hook

The Baja Guy