Experimenting painting a Graphite Reelseat Fuji ACSM

Started by steelfish, March 17, 2021, 01:01:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelfish

Quote from: boon on October 10, 2022, 03:17:53 AMWoah. That's awesome. I'll be interested to hear how they hold up over time - I feel like good adhesion to that plastic might be tricky?

I havent used any of the rods with painted reelseats, so I dont know how they will hold the normal wear and tear specially on a Panga "enviroment" which is more harsh than riding on a sporty boat.

not tricks here, Krylon sells aerosol paint on a can "for plastic" with special adhesion agents on it

Fusion All-In-OneĀ®
A premium product that bonds with 5X Stronger Adhesion* to difficult surfaces such as plastics and ready-to-assemble furniture without sanding or priming. This product provides maximum rust protection for all outdoor projects and offers a broad color palette with multiple finishes and sheens for indoors and out.
5X Stronger Adhesion* and superior durability
Indoor/outdoor use with maximum rust protection
No sanding or priming required
Big button spray tip with spray any way capabilities
No Peel Guarantee

So, I cannot say anything good or bad yet, worst scenario if the paint starts to peel badly I would just peel it out completely and leave the stock color of the plastic, sorry graphite  ::)

Quote from: JasonGotaProblem on October 10, 2022, 10:03:46 AMI mean mudhole sells painted fuji seats, and for quite a bit more than unpainted seats. This leads me to suspect there's at least one way to make paint stick.
Alex, looking good!
thanks Jason, I read somewhere that the painted reelseats sold in different stores or custom rods shops are painted with automotive paints which you can add adhesion agents 2x, 3x or more than normally and then add 2k clearcoat to make them more scratch proof, same with the painted rod blanks, mines are just rookie try outs to have something colorful.

The Baja Guy