Pond Fountain Lights (zapped twice)

Started by jgp12000, September 09, 2022, 03:01:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wompus Cat

Quote from: jgp12000 on September 15, 2022, 09:23:34 PMI know Henry knows, he just likes to josh around...a coworker of mine used to say "it's not rocket science,it's just electronics"

Mike is in da bidness and makes his living from this sort of thing .
He would KNOW this stuff . I KNOW he KNOWS . I will stay out of this. This thread as most all threads HERE gets hi jacked and way off course and is what makes this place so much fun but this particular thread and when some one dies on us prob needs to stay on course . I am just sort of a General Practitioner ,trouble shooter and work off process of elimination based on actual significant facts .  .
There are too many Ducks on this June Bug and too many Variables in that some unknowns as where is da motor /pump located (on Land 200 feet away?) ( under water at bottom of lake or submerged partially)
Where did the lightning hit (Water (should have dissipated  with out harm to anything) Stand pipe in lake ? electrical panel on land or just get an aurora around the immediate area .

You can get eddy feed back from all kinds of stuff (consumers ) to cause GF circuits like Freds mobile cabin has that keeps  tripping where a normal ol 3 prong plug with only 2 wire will work fine ....lol
I had a boat dock here that had a well pump off it for their sprinkler system but kept blowing switches and the installing company had the wires crossed on the box . ALKL KINDS of Stuff can be awry and Maybe Lightning will never get close to you again  but ??????

Do you  have a Swimming Pool company  that actually installs complete systems  or Water Well Company ,hell even a oil derreck guy nearby that could look at this for  as they encounter these situation almost daily . Or Get Mike to drive out and get a hands on mesurement of all this.

Good Luck in  your endeavors. :fish
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

jgp12000

Yep Henry I am kinda of leary of bonding neutral to ground unless I get further guidance,maybe ok, but until I learn more I am going to just run the safety ground to the ground pole.