Tiburon narrow framed 114H vs marlin

Started by Paul_A, July 18, 2014, 08:33:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul_A

Quote from: Marcq on July 19, 2014, 09:16:47 AM
Not that you are old but this reminds me of The Old Man and the Sea  :) At least you brought it back intact  8)

Marc..

Haha, thank you... When I had the gaff in one hand and I was trying to rip it's gills out to bleed it out with the other and it was thrashing around I felt pretty old.

broadway

Marcq took the words out of my mouth... Reminded me of the movie especially when I saw the ?panga? In the background. Really great catch Paul... You need a go pro camera to get that footage. Must have been a heck of a fight on a 6/0 but an even tougher fight when trying to gaff/land her.
Well done,
Dom

wallacewt

Dominick

Paul: Good job.  I've caught dozens of Marlin with my 114HLW.  Sal is correct and I agree that reel will catch almost everything in the ocean (all other things being equal).  I also caught a marlin with Sal's tank, a modified 113.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Paul_A

Was reminiscing with a friend and I pulled up this old post to show him one of my favorite fishing memories.

I am still really proud of this catch and several others that my trusty 6/0 allowed me to make.

Am living in mainland Japan now but haven't yet made it out to the deep blue where the big ones prowl. Soon I hope.

redsetta

'Twas an epic adventure Paul - stoked you took us along.
Doesn't seem that long ago, but the years seem to be whipping by!
Hope you get out into the deep blue sometime soon.
All the best, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Squidder Bidder

Lone man on the sea, blue marlin, struggle to the death - someone ought to write a book about that!

Wompus Cat

Quote from: Squidder Bidder on September 02, 2022, 12:20:57 PMLone man on the sea, blue marlin, struggle to the death - someone ought to write a book about that!
Don't think that would go  over but do something with a Big White Whale  :fish
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

Paul_A

Quote from: redsetta on September 02, 2022, 04:21:31 AM'Twas an epic adventure Paul - stoked you took us along.
Doesn't seem that long ago, but the years seem to be whipping by!
Hope you get out into the deep blue sometime soon.
All the best, Justin

Thank you Justin. And a big shout out to Alan for creating this forum and keeping it going. Pretty cool to be able to look back at this post after 8 years.

Squidder Bidder

Quote from: Wompus Cat on September 02, 2022, 12:48:55 PM
Quote from: Squidder Bidder on September 02, 2022, 12:20:57 PMLone man on the sea, blue marlin, struggle to the death - someone ought to write a book about that!
Don't think that would go  over but do something with a Big White Whale  :fish

That's why the good Lord made the Penn 12/0.

Shellbelly

I've always believed that solo adventures are where we are truly tested.  Video would have been awesome, but our imaginations are doing pretty good I think!
"Little boy,  you can get glad in the same pants you just got mad in."  (My Momma)
"You shot it boy, you're gonna clean it and eat it".  (My Dad)

Wompus Cat

Quote from: Shellbelly on September 03, 2022, 04:08:42 PMI've always believed that solo adventures are where we are truly tested.  Video would have been awesome, but our imaginations are doing pretty good I think!

I know hen I fish by myself the Fish I catch are a Lot

BIGGER
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

Benni3