Yep, Forgot to drill for eyes, but at least I tried painting this one.

Started by Wolfram M, September 21, 2022, 04:48:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfram M

Shot the last little spritz of green on this one and realized I'd forgotten to drill for the eyes.

Maybe it won't chip out. If it does I bet the fish don't care.

It's a big popper, has just enough weight to tip the back end down into the water. It chugged and spit water in the kitchen sink so it'll probably be OK.

The paint colors are leftover model car colors; Ford Appliance White, Lambo Verde Ithica green, and Ferrari Rosso Corso Metallic

Brewcrafter

philaroman

purdy...  leave it blind; make a clone w/ eyes; compare catch rate...  FOR SCIENCE 

Wolfram M

Quote from: Brewcrafter on September 21, 2022, 04:53:00 AMI like it!  Airbrush?  Nice work! - john

Nah, spray cans. Nitrocellulose lacquer, oddly enough-I could tell by the smell and had to go get my respirator after the first whiff.

I'm gonna say that's the reason why I forgot the eyes.

Bill B

It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

JasonGotaProblem

Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

Wolfram M

Got the eye sockets drilled. No chipping/tearing so all good there.

And I started carving another body tonight in the hotel room.

I may not know much about lure making...but I did stay in a holiday inn express...

The new one I am thinking maybe a not as deep mouth? It's smaller in diameter and has that "necked" thing going on, no idea why they're shaped that way but why not?

I'm thinking red mouth, silver belly and blue/purple on the back for this next one.

Wolfram M

Just had a good idea for the next one.

Gonna cut a 7" long section of 7/8" diameter rake handle, and paint it dirty yellow, with square ends. Instead of a wire line tie, I will run a black stainless leader through and epoxy it in place, with about 6" of leader hanging out the one end to tie the line to.

Then I'll get out the detail brush and letter it "DYNO NOBEL" on the side.

Then all the deckhands will know for sure I'm from Kentucky.

JasonGotaProblem

Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

Shellbelly

Quote from: Wolfram M on September 22, 2022, 01:01:01 AMI may not know much about lure making...but I did stay in a holiday inn express...

Looking good!  You already know more than most fishermen....and you get the complementary waffle-wrapped sausage breakfast thing. 8)
"Little boy,  you can get glad in the same pants you just got mad in."  (My Momma)
"You shot it boy, you're gonna clean it and eat it".  (My Dad)