Ridgid 175W Inverter

Started by foakes, September 28, 2022, 06:59:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wompus Cat

Quote from: oldmanjoe on October 06, 2022, 01:49:14 AM
Quote from: Wompus Cat on October 06, 2022, 12:20:50 AM
Quote from: Maxed Out on October 06, 2022, 12:06:00 AMSo if I get 10 of these and run them in series, my wife could blow dry her hair when we're camping ?

If one goes they all would like Christmas Tree Lites .Then She Would be MIFFED .
Best bet in a situation like that is to get a four hundred mile long extension cord .
I think if some one rode a bicycle and get the wind in the hair , problem solved

And IF that Someone had a Generator and or Static Excited  Stator
Alternator mounted to the  Bikes Wheel ya got more electric power to charge stuff.
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

handi2

When I was poor I used a marine battery from my boat and inverter. Heck back then you could buy a good battery for $89.00.

It ran some 40w light bulbs and a box fan during a hurricane. I still have it!

OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Gfish

"Or the noise of the generator..." from Fred's first post. Silence is golden, or at least worth a lot to me in a wilderness area. One reason I like to go off-shore when fishing is no human caused noise when I shut down the motor and drift. Paradise to me. As a motor home guy, I had to work at finding a place and always avoided campgrounds/parks. Got kicked-out of a lot of places...
Got a guy somewhere in the hood, leaves at 2AM. A quick succession of horn honks(much quieter than normal vehicle horn sounds, but easy to hear) then his vehicle starts-up, also very quiet(electronic?). Can't figure-out who/where. You just can't get away from it. Maybe I get him back on the weekend when I fire-up the van at 3AM or so to head-out yak fishin.

Anyone know what happened to Henry(Wompuscat)? Ain't heard from him in awhile...
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

PacRat

I just purchased my 2nd Rigid inverter. I got the first one last fall and it came with a battery and charger for the regular HomeDepot price. I used it during a planned outage and it kept my router and laptop going all day with only one battery change. I wish I had bought two at that price.

I did pick up a 2nd on fleaBay. It's new in the box and cheaper than HomeDepot but won't have the lifetime warranty because you have to purchase it there for the warranty. These are great for camping or short term outages. The built in flashlight can be handy to. I've learned to keep these inside the house along with the batteries and charger.

I miss Henry too. I hope he's doing okay.

foakes

Here is a bargain, Mike, and others —-

Today, you can get (2) 4.0HA batteries wit( a case, charger, and LIFETIME replacement guarantee on the batteries for $79, online at Home Depot, free shipping.

These are the 4.0A's —- which are excellent and really hold a long charge.

Don't think you can beat this, anywhere.  I paid $99, on sale for this same pair a year ago.  And that was a good value.

OR...the 175W inverter with a case and (2) 4.0 batteries and a separate charger is only $149 shipped to your home, Lifetime Guarantee.  Great value!

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

MarkT

You can get USB adapters for most battery platforms... I'm 18v Makita.

Fred, you still use an iPod? I got one years ago to use for email and phone (voip) when traveling internationally. Wherever there was a Wi-Fi connection we were golden! Of course, there's no point to one anymore but I still have it.  It's cute!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

foakes

Quote from: MarkT on February 10, 2023, 01:43:05 AMYou can get USB adapters for most battery platforms... I'm 18v Makita.

Fred, you still use an iPod? I got one years ago to use for email and phone (voip) when traveling internationally. Wherever there was a Wi-Fi connection we were golden! Of course, there's no point to one anymore but I still have it.  It's cute!

I use my latest iPod quite a bit, Mark —-

Particularly when working outside with my WorkTunes ear protectors.  Also use it in my truck for Bluetooth music.

My wife uses hers for books she downloads from Amazon or the Library.  We also use our iPhones, iPads, and MacBook laptops.

Everything is synced together —- and those little iPods are very tough. I use one when backpacking.

There are so many different and equally good ways to approach Tech today.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

MarkT

I'm on my IPad now. It's my main device although typing is, uh, less than optimal! There are times I use a "real" computer with a keyboard. An IPhone is an IPod with a phone. If you have an IPhone an IPod is redundant unless you're doing things where your worried about damaging the phone. I have all my tunes on my phone.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!