TruTemper uni-spin parts

Started by Crow, October 05, 2022, 10:07:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crow

By chance, does anyone know a source for uni-spin reel parts? I picked a combo up at a yard sale for $2, but it's missing the drag adjustment knob. it's an "L" model (left hand), and all I can find on ebay are right handed. Way back in my misguided youth, I had a combo(bought at our local hardware store), it came in a fabric case, with two different "tip" sections for the rod. I loved the darn thing, but, being young enough to believe that inanimate objects couldn't walk away....I let it set where it DID walk away ! No "case", or "extra tip section" on this find, but, for $2, it was worth taking the "grief" from my wife over ! Anyway, if anybody knows a source for a left hand knob, please let me know! Thanks
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Wompus Cat

The  Drag Knob should  be the same on either version  . You are referring to the Bronson ( Later Bought by True Temper) Underspin Reel ?

If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

Crow

No, the knob for the "left handed" reel has left hand threads...the "right handed" retrieve has "regular"(right handed) threads. There are a couple "right handed" ones available on ebay...but no left handed. I thought of just picking up a reel, ...for parts...off ebay, but, they seem to be worth some pretty serious $! That would pretty much negate my "$2 "bargain ! I do have a 'right handed' knob, if anybody needs one.
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Wompus Cat

Live and Learn they say. ::)
I was unaware of the Left and Right Drag Knobs on these and I have several of both ....lol Nostalgic set ups but a pain in the Arse  to service when the cover gets corroded and won't come loose.
I have quite a few  of those Reels and parts and will dig through to see if I can come  up with LEFTY THREADED Knob for ya .

Wompus Cat

I did know the lefties were different but Forgot .
Here is a link to some info on one of my sites from a couple of years ago about UNI SPINS with a Schematic.
UNI SPIN STUFF

Let me know if it doesn't work and I will find the pdf .

Wompus Cat

Ought to Read my own stuff before I post  ::)  But it WAS a couple of years ago .

Crow

Thanks! The schematic will help, for sure!It's been at least 45 years since I was "into' one !

Wompus Cat

Well so far I have Dug out 2 lefties and 1 right handed and none have the Drag adj knob still on them . BUT I got some more to find yet. So Please Stndby.............for the continuing saga. ::)

Crow

Thanks ! I do have a "right hand" knob, if you need one for your "righty".