Fathom II 60N size question

Started by Tunanorth, October 19, 2022, 05:56:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tunanorth

Hi,
I received a DM regarding the size of the new Fathom II 60N.
Can't seem to respond properly within the messaging system.
Anyway, the "new" 60N has dimensions about like a "narrow 6/0",and is very similar in size to the old 349H Master Mariner [if you remember those!].
Steve

CooldadE

Oh, I remember.... Same drag system as the 40 size ? What about the new 80 size,   Same drags higher line capacity ?

Cool
I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6...

Keta

Quote from: Tunanorth on October 19, 2022, 05:56:40 PMHi,
Anyway, the "new" 60N has dimensions about like a "narrow 6/0",and is very similar in size to the old 349H Master Mariner [if you remember those!].
Steve

Thanks Steve.  I have over a dozen 349/349H reels and a bunch of NOS parts.   A Fathom II 60N is now on my wish list.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Tunanorth

Quote from: CooldadE on October 20, 2022, 12:35:59 AMOh, I remember.... Same drag system as the 40 size ? What about the new 80 size,   Same drags higher line capacity ?

Cool

New sideplate size for the 60N and 80 models.
The new 60N size is a narrow version of the new 80.
Both have a larger drag surface than the new or old 40N, or the old 60.

MarkT

Quote from: Keta on October 20, 2022, 01:11:18 AM
Quote from: Tunanorth on October 19, 2022, 05:56:40 PMHi,
Steve

Thanks Steve.  I have over a dozen 349/349H reels and a bunch of NOS parts.   A Fathom II 60N is now on my wish list.

Lee,  No more love for the HXJ Raptor? Send it my way!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Keta

Quote from: MarkT on October 20, 2022, 02:33:14 AMLee,  No more love for the HXJ Raptor? Send it my way!

We do have 2 hands.... ;0)

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Tunanorth

Ha-ha, received another DM, still can't figure out how to respond!
This one was about the new "80" Fathom II.
As of today 12/2/22, I do not know of any dealers who have received them yet, and have no specific info regarding when they will start to hit store shelves.

Keta

The FTHII10NLD2 I picked up is nice....and small.

Mark Twain

Ron Jones

I like the sound of the new 60 a lot. Thinking it is as big a reel as I'll ever need to catch what I want to catch, wish they'd come out with a star in this size. $300.00 still seems kinda preposterous to catch a fish, but it is better than $1000.00

The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Keta

Quote from: Ron Jones on December 03, 2022, 06:10:06 PM$300.00 still seems kinda preposterous to catch a fish

$300 divided by 200# is $1.50 per pound but the cost to get there has not been factored in.

Mark Twain

MarkT

I saw a topless Fathom 60nld2 at Turners. Pretty sweet!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Keta

From what I read it will be a good choice for jigging plus size BFT.

Mark Twain

Tunanorth

Quote from: MarkT on December 03, 2022, 08:59:38 PMI saw a topless Fathom 60nld2 at Turners. Pretty sweet!

To clarify, the 60N and 80 models come with the top bar, but you have the option to remove it.
Good marketing on Turner's part to take it off, as most of their customers will want it that way.

steelfish

Quote from: Keta on December 02, 2022, 09:28:41 PMThe FTHII10NLD2 I picked up is nice....and small.

I didnt knew there was such thing as a Penn Fathom 10 LD2, nice !!
also didnt knew about the 80 size
The Baja Guy

Tunanorth

The little Fathom 10XNLD2 is very cool!