Another test is planned.

Started by gstours, October 28, 2022, 03:40:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

While I was fishing this year I kept dwelling on colors for jigs.  Does it matter?
   Some people would do good with my standby color green,  I did ok with the glow painted jigs some days, and a friend would outsize everyone with a black jig.
  Note that all jigs are tipped with herring or a pc of other fish for scent.
So now I'm thinking about testing the black color against the glow next year for a month.   Below are the testing patterns.   The octopus pattern is one of Dave's 16 ounces, most of the other are 12-14 oz.      :cf

gstours

These were poured recently in silicone molds, and the green/yellow paint is a latex rust oleum with powder aluminum glow pigment added.   It's easy to use.   Available.

Hardy Boy

Black is a really good colour here for jigs Gary. If I'm not using glow green then black or black/ purple is the next go to colour. That is for halibut.

Cheers:

Todd
Todd

gstours

Thanks Todd for the reply,  our resident scientist 👨�🔬 Dave's opinion was at first taken as scientific 🧪 fact but disregarded as I seemed hellbent to play with the air brush.  and trying that did find out that the green colors seem to be getting bit a lot.   
  Thanks also to Dave for his help in making some silicone molds.  👍👍.
As we jig through a tide change some times, like in baseball or golf ⛳️ we need a heavy hitter so here is my version of possibly optimum. ::)
  Finally what degree of black/ purple were you referring to?  Either, or?   A percentage of each mixed to make a separate color shade?     :fish