penn 9m

Started by Scattergun2570, October 02, 2022, 07:44:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scattergun2570

Was connsidering getting one,,but only if it has a line out alarm..does this reel have that feature?

Wompus Cat

They have what is called a Clicker that makes an Alarming Sound when you pull out line when Engaged and in Free Spool .Also makes alarming Sound when reeled in if engaged .

So in a Sense YEP it has a line out Alarm  :d
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

Scattergun2570

Quote from: Wompus Cat on October 02, 2022, 07:59:47 PMThey have what is called a Clicker that makes an Alarming Sound when you pull out line when Engaged and in Free Spool .Also makes alarming Sound when reeled in if engaged .

So in a Sense YEP it has a line out Alarm  :d

Well,so I can dead stick a live bait and not have to worry about a big fish pulling my rod over the railing of the pier? the reel is not in gear to retrieve when the clicker is on?

Wompus Cat

You need to put the Reel in Free Spool to keep it from going in the Brink . Clicker is engaged via a small push button on the opposite side of the Handle on the Penn 9. The Clicker will work in the Engaged Position BUT the Spool wont turn freely .
NOW you could loosen the Drag off and it would work as well then when you get that Big One you would have to tighten the Drag to reel Him /Her/It in Da Boat .
In the excitement of actually Hooking a Fish don't forget to disengage the Clicker  as you will wear out the Little clicker tongue real quick and she won't Click no mo>>>>>>

If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

thorhammer

a bijillion flounder and blues have been caught off piers with those reels, doing what you intend to do.

The click is pretty loud- I use these and Mag 10's for baiting stripers.

John

Shellbelly

I really like the #9 and use them regularly.  Don't let its dainty size fool you. 

Most of its parts are readily available, but I would suggest stocking up on idler gears.  Just a couple in the tackle box is all you'll need....probably ever. 

If you have the habit of palming and keeping your forefinger wrapped in front when reeling, it'll pinch you.

I still say if you want an adventure, take a 109 for a spin. 
"Little boy,  you can get glad in the same pants you just got mad in."  (My Momma)
"You shot it boy, you're gonna clean it and eat it".  (My Dad)