Hello from Martha's Vineyard, MA

Started by fishguy, January 10, 2023, 04:26:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishguy

I'm new to the group.  I fish for Striped Bass, Bluefish, Bonito, False Albacore, Fluke, and Black Sea Bass- we also get school Bluefin Tuna and Mahi Mahi some miles South.

I have a collection (7) of old style Penn 133H reels - red and maroon sideplates. I want to upgrade the drags and maybe the handles for tuna fishing.

I also have 3 shimano Baitrunner 6000 OCs and two Daiwa BG 4000s that I would like to take apart and clean.

It looks like I found the right site. :d

Hardy Boy

Welcome from the other side of North America. You are in the right place for sure.

Cheers:

Todd
Todd

foakes

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

pjstevko

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Bryan Young

Welcome.  Let us know if you need any help...but don't let these guys get you going off a cliff with all of the upgrades.  it can get quite expensive.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Donnyboat

Hi Fishguy, good people here will give you all the help needed,  welcome from Sunny Western Australia, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

sabaman1

JIM

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

happyhooker

Greetings, fish, from Minnesota.

Frank

handi2

OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Brewcrafter

Welcome Fishguy from the SoCal Inland Empire.  Solid set of reels you have there, you came to the right place. - john

Cuttyhunker

Welcome neighbor.  There are plenty of vids on youtube to guide you through the 113H Penn's.   A 5 stack carbontex drag is the ticket, you may already have them from the factory depending on age, kits at Mysticparts.com. 
Doomed from childhood

Bill B

It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!