Ted's MOST EXCELLENT Fishing Adventure, Part III, Sept. 2022

Started by El Pescador, November 05, 2022, 08:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

El Pescador

Alright kids, let's get this wrapped up.

Second AM in Sekiu, beautiful Sunrise.

Breakfast:  A thick piece of Smoked Salmon Belly with fresh, HOT coffee.  Nothing better.  Have you ever enjoyed this breakfast??  Me neither!  and Man o'man was it delicious.

You can't ask for a better fishing trip planner than Ted!!!  Nice Job buddy boy!  And a great trip.

We saw only 2 boats the entire day, here is the first boat.  In a bit of a rush to get to the fishing grounds, don't you think????

It is a "Rinse & Repeat" from yesterday, BUTT in reverse order.  Capt. Tom tells us the winds will come up around 10 AM, and if he wasn't 100% correct.  Right at 10 AM 25 mph winds.  And a bit spritzy & wet conditions.  Steve is winching up his Halibut from 575 feet.

The photo doesn't show it, but you needed to have a third point of contact with the boat.  Arm on the rail or sitting down, either worked.

Fish over the rail.

Fewer photos of fishing today, and more of the coastline.  STUNNING

We have our limits of California Halibuts, now off to the Ling Cod fishing area.

You know, for a guy who fishes A LOT, he likes his rest time just as much!!! >:D

Do you see the observation check???  it is a bit of a hike, but you can park your car in the Neah Bay area, and walk to the coast.  They were all waving at us.

Capt. Tom wanted to show us this, a hole in the rocky coastline.

Capt. wanted a photo of us, and as he took the photo, he called us the "Hole In The Wall Gang!"

Now we respectfully pay tribute to the first natural grouping of fishermen on this site, the Wrecking Crew!

The original members are:  The late Big Tim (may God rest his soul), Jonathan (theswimmer) and Steve.  Later PJ was added.

Now we have another grouping of guys, The Hole in the Wall Gang!!!!

We were picking our way around, rock fishing and Ted was yelling out to Capt. Tom "watch for the Wash Rocks".  Now, curious as I am, I asked what's a WASH ROCK???  It is the rocks that show at low tide, but are covered by water at high tide.  They can take out a boat's hull in a moment.

The water was SO beautiful, I wanted to jump in - the ONLY reason I did not, was the water temp. was 58 degrees.  Sorry, but to me, the waters around Hawaii are TOO COLD!!!

Enjoy the shots.

Another productive day on the water,  another "Limited Out" day or wait for it...  MAXED OUT!!!!!

Jeez, please SOMEONE send Ted some Vitamin B pills!!!!

Ted was guessing the weight of each bag of fillets, making it fair for us all.

Compared to where I live, Halibut is $38.50 a lbs. - I need to comeback next year!

And a HUGE thanks to Ted for his hometown generosity, while there he gave me the keys to his car, it had a full tank of gas and the windshield was clean.  I was told to drive anywhere I wanted, and I took Ted's advice.  Everett, WA is a beautiful little town, and YES, I will be back.

Ron Jones and I want to plan an Albacore trip out of Westport, WA next mid-August if anyone might be interested.

Ted, you are quite the character and one heck of a fisherman.  You never quit.  Thank you.

Wayne

Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Crow

Looks like a great trip...and a great catch...in great scenery...with a great bunch of guys!
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Donnyboat

Thanks Wayne and crew, great pictures, of nature, plenty of good fish, and happy fisho`s, good memories for all, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Gfish

Awesome scenery! Rivals what we have here on the Nepali Coast. You have what looks like granite and here it's volcanic rock. We have some awesome way back there canyons but you have more caves and towering rock formations. Water looks the same though, but at 58F, it's gotta much more productive.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

xjchad

Wow, I don't think I've seen a more beautiful coast line!
Great pictures and commentary as always Wayne!
You make it seem like I was there, and wishing I was!
Husband, Father, Fisherman