Need help with PG CS551

Started by Bobsled 55, September 21, 2022, 04:54:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobsled 55

So, took my PG CS551 out this weekend for the first time in about 8 years.  Drags were horrible.  I believe they got saturated sitting for that long.  They were either super loose or super tight.  I might be able to pat them dry.

After I opened her up, I saw the drag washer were huge.  I thought they were Penn 500 size.

Anyway, I need help sourcing some drag washers for the PG CS551. Also what size are they?

TIA

Wompus Cat

I would remove them and soak them in Brake Cleaner in a Ventilated area or using Gloves individually Spray them with same and get the gunked up whatever is on them off then a light sanding  repeat spraying  and you should be good to go .
Lots of theory on drag greasing but I choose not to and you are experiencing one of the reasons I don't grease em up . .
Below is a highlighted link to some info on Smoothe Darg Products which She should have the kit you might want to get .

SMOOTH DRAG INFO
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

alantani

Smoothdrag.com might not have a set of washers for these. You will likely have to hobble a set of Penn ht-100 washers. Let me know if you need help.

https://alantani.com/index.php?topic=21.0
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Wompus Cat

Quote from: alantani on September 21, 2022, 03:27:22 PMSmoothdrag.com might not have a set of washers for these. You will likely have to hobble a set of Penn ht-100 washers. Let me know if you need help.

https://alantani.com/index.php?topic=21.0

JUST One of the Good Things about Dawn at Smooth Drag is you can call and actually speak to her about what she has and or can make .
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

Bobsled 55

Quote from: Wompus Cat on September 21, 2022, 01:21:57 PMI would remove them and soak them in Brake Cleaner in a Ventilated area or using Gloves individually Spray them with same and get the gunked up whatever is on them off then a light sanding  repeat spraying  and you should be good to go .
Lots of theory on drag greasing but I choose not to and you are experiencing one of the reasons I don't grease em up . .
Below is a highlighted link to some info on Smoothe Darg Products which She should have the kit you might want to get .

SMOOTH DRAG INFO

Thanks Alan and WC.  I'm going to try this before I call Dawn.