BFT Pelagio 7700dbs baitcaster. Get the spool out?

Started by Drisse, October 23, 2022, 09:47:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drisse

Hi there!
I got a BFT Pelagio 7700dbs baitcaster. It needs a standard service. I feel a bit stupid about this, but I wonder how to get the spool out  ::) Couldn't find instructions or schematic on the net.

Its a lefthanded reel. I dissasembled the right sideplate. The spool pops out a couple of mm, then its stuck. Its supposed to have "fast spool change locking" what that now means?

Regards!

philaroman

prob. just need a bit more effort...  instead of pulling shaft  ::)
try putting your thumbs where line is, 
keep everything level/distributed & push the spool out the side

Drisse

I've pushed untill it doesn't feel right. When it pops out those few mm and I spinn the spool a little it comes to a position were it lightly "springs" a little if you push it back into the sideplate. Then there's a little click. Feels weird, on all my other baitcasters the spool just fall out.

handi2

Can you see the end of the spool shaft in the handle side bearing? Its just stuck...
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

alantani

not really familiar with these reels. you might have to remove the right side plate to see if the spool shaft is seized to the pinion gear.  :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Drisse

handi2 the end of the spoolshaft moves nice in the sideplate bearing.

Drisse

Alan, the last screw to get the left sideplate of is behind the spool.

Drisse

I gave it a go and soaked the left spoolbearing with CorrosionX and hoped that little would get to the pinion. Then tried to press it out on the spoolaxle. Did this a couple of times. Didn't work.... At last I thought what the heck and looked at the hammer. Tried the gentle way, didn't work. Then the dark side of me took over 🙄. On the third, way to hard punch on the mandrel the spool left the reel. The inner spoolbearing works, but was very corroded on the outside. Thanks 🙂