2022 CT Dec stripers

Started by pjstevko, December 06, 2022, 11:48:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pjstevko

I'm back home in Connecticut visiting my mom for a couple weeks before the holidays. I got into town last night around 10pm and spent today doing some cleaning and house maintenance, and we went out to lunch. After lunch mom likes to nap so I take advantage of the down time and go hit a few spots to fish for stripers.

Today was my first outing and I broke in the Penn Spinfisher that Fred built for me with 3 nice size stripes. They were around 18", 20", and 24" inches! Not a bad way to spend an hour and beautiful fish to break in a classic surf fishing reel!

foakes

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

handi2

OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

pjstevko

Quote from: foakes on December 07, 2022, 12:19:59 AMNice work, PJ!

Best, Fred

Fred the reel worked flawlessly! I appreciate you sending it my way.

foakes

You bet, PJ —-

Over the last 25 years, or so —- I have built a fair number of Striper reels for guys on the East Coast.  From South Carolina up through Connecticut, Massachusetts, etc..  Also for Lakers up in the Northern Territories, and Ontario.  And a few for guys down on the Gulf fishing for Red Drum, and other Surf Fishing.

Typically these will be Penn 700, 704, 706.  Plus DQ 270, 550, 550N, 5000, and 5001.

So far, they have landed fish up to just over 50 pounds —- with no issues.  Just Rebait and do another cast.

They require minimal service —- and keep going season after season.

They are easy reels to work on and service.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

pjstevko

I went out again today to check out a few spots and lucked into 6 more bass today. They were all between 16-20"

Shellbelly

"Little boy,  you can get glad in the same pants you just got mad in."  (My Momma)
"You shot it boy, you're gonna clean it and eat it".  (My Dad)

JasonGotaProblem

The rod? Oh he cut off a leprechauns leg and strung it up.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

pjstevko

Shellbelly

Puts the F in fun with that reel.  Thanks for sharing!
"Little boy,  you can get glad in the same pants you just got mad in."  (My Momma)
"You shot it boy, you're gonna clean it and eat it".  (My Dad)

Hardy Boy

Nice work !! Catching those is on my bucket list.

Cheers:

Todd
Todd

Benni3

pjstevko

Caught another 5 today between 14" - 18"

This makes 14 over 3 days!

pjstevko

Caught 4 more today and they were the standard 16-22"...

Not fish pics today, just a beautiful sunset over the Housatonic River!

JasonGotaProblem

Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.