My guilty YouTube pleasures...yours?

Started by mark Hill, December 16, 2022, 03:27:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mark Hill

I recently went down a YouTube rabbit hole...people searching for lost lures in lakes, rivers and streams. Some people are wading while others diving, the number of lures they find are just incredible. I used to do that a lot as a kid at the local dams in my area, I remember finding 26 decent reusable lures in one day and two rod n reels. Nothing better than free lures! I know I've personally lost plenty in my day. haha.  :fish           
     >>>So, what are your guilty YouTube fishing pleasures? >Not including reel repair videos. ;)  <<<<
"Sell a man a fish, he eats for a day, teach a man how to fish, and he will start collecting and refurbishing old reels"

pjstevko

I watch this video multiple times a year!

Bill B

When I lived on the Sacramento River there was a submerged log across from me that was a favorite place to lose your lures.  During salmon season I could always count on 3-5 lures snagged on it.  Not mine, after I located it after losing 2.  Always wanted to dive that spot but it was only accessible during slack tides. 
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

mark Hill

"Sell a man a fish, he eats for a day, teach a man how to fish, and he will start collecting and refurbishing old reels"

Gfish

Anything like PJ posted, unless there's too much manufactured drama. I like a "good story teller" when it comes to comedy, political, legal or historical things.

My biggest haul of snagged-up terminal tackle came from a reservoir where I used a branch to twist-off everything on a near-shore "got ya" snag. Also I got a nice Zebco combo while SCUBA diving in a reservoir, once.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Shellbelly

I have to admit that I have a bunch of lures found on the beach.  I've mounted many of those on driftwood.  As for YT vids, I like the boat mishaps, crowded boat ramp drama, cars and trucks getting stuck in the sand, and mostly funny human stuff. 

The guy on Thresher fishing posts some good fishing vids.  That guy loves to fish and I admire his passion for the sport.
"Little boy,  you can get glad in the same pants you just got mad in."  (My Momma)
"You shot it boy, you're gonna clean it and eat it".  (My Dad)

Hardy Boy

When I lived up North and was fishing the Skeena River in the spring when the river was really low you could send the kids looking for sinkers on the gravel bar that were lost during high water. Never bought sinkers for years.

Cheers:

Todd
Todd

foakes

There is a lot of great stuff on YouTube —-

How tos, DIY, professional techniques, bloopers, basically everything and anything.

Some of my favorites, when not doing anything else important —- are the "fails"..  these generally start out with the statement "Hold my beer, and watch this!".

Some are pretty painful to watch.

I have to say, I have learned a lot from YouTube.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

philaroman

Quote from: mark Hill on December 16, 2022, 03:27:46 AM...people searching for lost lures in lakes, rivers and streams. Some people are wading while others diving, the number of lures they find are just incredible...

does anyone harvest riparian trees?  ...scythe, maybe?
you know, when leaves are gone & it's too cold to wade/dive

Gfish

Got the post-work chance to watch the whole video PJ, great stuff. WorldANGLERS.com
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

happyhooker

Replays of concerts of many types of music.  Get the audio as well as the video & double your pleasure.
Some of the performers are no longer with us, so it is a chance to see what can never occur again in real life.

Frank

Midway Tommy

While many of the reel tutorial videos leave much to be desired, IMHO, every time I work on a spinning reel model for the first time I check to see if there's a YouTube video on it or similar model. You never know when you might discover a little trick or tip on an issue that you would have struggled with.
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

Ron Jones

If you're looking for mindless entertainment about fishing, fishin n stuff never disapoints.
The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

On youtube? Fish your Way, Dietrich Bohnhorst, VANBEAST Fishing, Vincent Donnelly the Mad Fisherman. Billysfishing videos fishing along the Norwegian coast are great.

rogan

I found an interest in carp fishing over 10 years ago. As I began to learn about carp, the British anglers were obviously the most involved. Carl and Alex were two young (elementary school age) boys who had an extreme passion for fishing, especially carp. Over the years, their videos have set a high standard for quality, and are usually told and edited in a storybook fashion. They are now in their mid-twenties and their adventures remain fantastic. Here are two examples for your viewing pleasure...