Greetings from Canada

Started by Bora, December 16, 2022, 07:32:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bora

Hi everyone,

I'm glad to officially join this community after many hours/days spent already on this forum trying to educate myself about reels, maintenance etc. Had the fishing bug all my life, first in southeastern Europe and now in Canada. Recently I've gotten into servicing and repairing the various spinning reels that my dad has collected over the decades. There's plenty of work left to do, and hopefully even more fishing with them. Looking forward to learning from ya'll.

All best,

Bora

David Hall

foakes

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Donnyboat

Hi Bora, & welcome, with a name like that, I hope your fishing never gets boring, what do these many spinners consist of, & welcome from Sunny Western Australia, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Midway Tommy

Welcome, Bora! If you have question just ask. Plenty of expert spinning reel advice to be given here on Alan's site.
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

pointbob

Patience comes to those who wait

Bora

Thanks for the very warm welcome everyone.! This is really a great resource, kudos to Alan and all.

@pointbob, moving between Ottawa & TO.

@Donnyboat, mostly what would be considered 'bang for buck' equipment, I suppose, primarily for stream trout fishing. Any higher end stuff was very hard to come by in the old country, so things like the original French Mitchells and German Quicks were/are really prized. And I gotta admit, having opened up some of these reels for the first time now [the DAMs in particular] I see why pops was obsessed with getting his hands on them.

Brewcrafter

Welcome Bora from the SoCal Inland Empire! 

Keta

Are you a refugee??  My daughter works with several that came to the Kelowna, BC area.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Bora

Quote from: Keta on December 17, 2022, 03:05:35 PMAre you a refugee??  My daughter works with several that came to the Kelowna, BC area.

We were fortunate enough to immigrate, but I know some that did. That's valuable work she does. 

Keta

They are coworkers but she is helping with their English.

Mark Twain

happyhooker

Greetings, Bora, from Minnesota.

Frank