Freediving Fishing

Started by swill88, December 21, 2022, 05:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pointbob

aren't their sharks in the water too? aren't sharks attracted to blood on account of spearing them in the head.

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/man-fights-off-shark-diving-171031231.html
Patience comes to those who wait

pointbob

Patience comes to those who wait

Gfish

Cool! Thanks swill.
Ah, swimming through the kelp forest. In and of itself, an awesome experience. I got a Sheepshead once, but the Speara, Ms. Hara prolly wouldn't approve, as I had SCUBA equipment on. A surprisingly tasty fish. The advantage of SCUBA is you get to stay down there and explore all levels of that ecosystem. You go, Gril!
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Shellbelly

Awesome fishing and environment!!  I never had the opportunity and don't think I can hold my breath long enough now.

Quote from: Gfish on December 21, 2022, 05:52:12 PMA surprisingly tasty fish.
Sheepshead is a wonderful fish for the table.  Fun to catch on light tackle.  Many consider them trash or too much trouble to clean.  Well-armed with spines everywhere.

In the top 5 for my plate. 

"Little boy,  you can get glad in the same pants you just got mad in."  (My Momma)
"You shot it boy, you're gonna clean it and eat it".  (My Dad)

funhog

swill88 - I'm so glad you posted this article. It's a great story, well written w/ great photos and captures the thrill of a difficult sport.