Previous topic - Next topic

pjstevko

What are your fishing goals for 2023?

Mine......

catch a yellowtail on a surface iron
catch a halibut
catch a bft over 150/200#
help my friend catch his first bft

I'm sure there's more but that's all I got for now.....

JasonGotaProblem

In 2020 my goal was to catch a cobia. It's now '23 and I haven't done it yet. Maybe this year.

I don't think i kept a single fish in 2022. Maybe this year I won't putz around with tackle as much in the garage, in favor of actually using it.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

Shellbelly

#1, I want to just keep fishing.  #2, Don't make wimpy excuses not to go.  Being an hour away from the surf and having the health and means to do it, there should be very few reasons not to get in it.  I worked a long time for somebody else.  This is my time.  No more "work/life balance", just life balance. :cf  :fish 
"Little boy,  you can get glad in the same pants you just got mad in."  (My Momma)
"You shot it boy, you're gonna clean it and eat it".  (My Dad)

Keta

Quote from: pjstevko on January 04, 2023, 06:33:56 AMWhat are your fishing goals for 2023?

Mine......

catch a yellowtail on a surface iron
catch a halibut
catch a bft over 150/200#
help my friend catch his first bft

I'm sure there's more but that's all I got for now.....

I have done all 4 of these.

My goals,
#1 Fish
#2 Catch several wahoo
#3 Catch several YT
#4 Catch a BFT over 400#

#4 is optional as I would rather see people that have not caught plus size tuna catch one.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

alantani

300 pound puerto vallarta yellowfin, 25 pound local ling cod, 2 pound perch. ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

thorhammer

Got out at 0800 NY day, was in asleep at 1000pm NYE so as not to have cobwebs. Caught two nice bass by 830, but was striper fishing. Flat calm, 60 degrees, some cool fog, only four other boats to be seen. Great start to build on.

-put my boat back in saltwater.
-get on any boat in saltwater. Life got in way in 2022.
-finish outstanding rod / reel work. Don't take any more in, lol.
-catch fish.
-eat said fish.

John

Aiala

Quit getting so blasted old.
See Alijos again.
Catch (or at least see someone catch) an opah.
A wahoo would be nice.

~A~

I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

happyhooker

Besides the usual of just getting out more, I picked up an old Johnson 2-stroke outboard awhile back & I want to get it running.  It sat for awhile out on a farm and I have little idea how good a mill it is.  It turns over and most of the parts are there as near as I can tell.  I will work on it myself, and if nothing else, will learn some new things along the way.

Frank

Bryan Young

Service my reels, breakdown and strip 6 3-piece surf rods, get them ready for rewrap in conventional configuration from spinner configuration (buy and kit parts) then ship them to Hawaii for wrapping (as the rods will stay there once done), look for a few more Newell 338s to pair up with the 13' surf rods, maybe one more Newell 344 to pair up with the. last 14' surf rod, pour casting weights,...

Oh, is it fishing goals or fishing equipment goals???
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

pjstevko

Quote from: Bryan Young on January 04, 2023, 10:53:50 PMOh, is it fishing goals or fishing equipment goals???

Both!

Keta

In that case,

#1 Clean shop, it makes Alan's look neat.
#2 Sell 20-30 (or more) reels to help pay for 2023 fishing.
#3 Work on my own reels.
#4 Cry over the boxes of old used and NOS parts that got burnt in the fire.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

sciaenops

Catch more spend/drive less

Cor

I had to think about this one.

Not possible to put numbers on it, fish are just too unpredictable.
    1. Have fun and enjoy the outdoors, observe and learn while fishing.
    2. Relax while doing it.
    3. Increase my Tag and Release numbers.
    4. Have hips and knees fixed to be able to fish for another 10 years..... I hope.
    5. Catch Yellowtail at varied shore places.
    6. Catch more squid.

Cornelis

xjchad

I'm hoping to get on some pike this year and maybe some north Idaho channel cats.
My biggest goal is just to fish more.  Most of last year I didn't fish because I was focused on helping the kids fish and catch stuff. Most of them are getting pretty skilled at doing most of it themselves now, so I will feel more comfortable about bringing my own rod along.  :D
Husband, Father, Fisherman

DaBig2na

1-Catch more Citation Drum than I caught last year

2-Catch at least one 50" or higher Drum (measurements at the Fork)..Caught at least one for the last 4 years prior, zero for 2022. All out of the surf.

3-Still waiting for that Cobia out of the surf.
The Real World Doesn't Care About "Your Feelings" or Your "Wokeness"
I'm in the Real World!