Need a 716 Tough Part

Started by foakes, January 14, 2023, 12:35:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

foakes

Looking to purchase a greenie frame for a 716 reel.

Picked one up that is unused and new in its original box.

Not even a fly-speck or scratch on the paint —- never mounted on a rod, never spooled.

Obvious issue —- guy etched his name and date he bought the reel into the lower frame below the crank.

So, a pristine frame is needed before I resort to stripping and painting.

I'll be selling this reel to someone —- and unless their name is John Sheldon —- it would benefit from the frame switch out.

Best, Fred

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"

You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down.
— Mary Pickford, actress

Woodpuppy

Ha! I thought reel hard about buying that one and swapping bodies myself! But we just bought a mess of dance competition costumes for the girls, so..... had to pass.

foakes

Yeah, I thought it went really cheap.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

--------

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"

You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down.
— Mary Pickford, actress

sandbar

foakes

Quote from: sandbar on January 14, 2023, 10:39:26 PM$25.00 on EBay

I saw that, and the other one by one of our excellent members (fishgrain) —- Justin.

Problem is, the $25 is a rough and possibly not color-matched repaint.

The one Justin has is OK for a user reel —- but it also has a fair amount of issues just from "bin scrapings".

Looks like whatever I get, will need to be reworked and repainted.

I have contacted a couple of good overseas sources that I have used for well over 25 years.  I will see what they have —- before going the repaint route.

Not a big deal —- this reel has been in this condition for 47 years.  Another month or two won't make any difference.

If anyone has a good one, please let me know and I will purchase it.

Best Always, Fred

--------

— Mary Pickford, actress