Age of Squidder

Started by Maxed Out, March 12, 2022, 06:07:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rancanfish

When I sold that to you years ago Fred I thought the same then as I do now, it was very unusual but too spindly for my tastes.  I am happy to see you kept it.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Maxed Out

More date info...

Assuming this reel is all original, and knowing the slotted clamp phased out in 1954, and 1st year for a metal squidder spool was 1952...this squidder would date 1952-1954
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Deepennz

Hi Ted,
An exquisite Reel - well done!
That reel still has the earlier, squared off ends to the reel foot - by 1953 Penn started making their reel feet with sleeker, semi-dovetailed ends that would have been easier to fit into the rod clamps - so fisherman didn't have to take to their reels with a file/grinder to make the reel fit.

Hi Greg - that Long Beach Deluxe is a 1939 model - it has a blank left side tailplate with the waffle clicker.
The 1940/41 LB deluxe's had a scenic tailplate(lighthouse/beach/sea/seabirds etc) and the 'Kiss clicker'.

Cheers
Martin

Gfish

'39. Cool thanks Martin! I put a tag on it and now I can get it right; a 1939 DL 65.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!